Thread: I want a new image...

I want a new image...

I'm in a clothes shop right now, and there's many displays and salespeople wishing to give me a makeover...

That, IMHO, is what therapy is like.

There's person-centred counselling, gestalt, psychodynamic, RET, CBT, RET, ACT, Schema-focussed CT, Mindfulness-based CBT etc. etc.

Choose your therapy like you choose your clothes - does it fit and suit you?! Does it feel personally comfortable? Will it wear well or be a "fad"?

Finding the therapy that's "right" for you is like finding the cut of denim jeans that best "suits" you at a time and place in your life.

If it fits, it's comfortable, and suits you, have it!! Don't be influenced by what suits others.

The therapist, like the salesperson, will be someone who you form a personal impression of. You can choose to buy the "to die for" jeans from the world's worst salesperson, or take your quest elsewhere.

I know all of this may sound somewhat odd. But just because you are emotionally fragile, don't feel you have to subjugate to others opinions about what will suit you.
    And, if I may suggest, any question about "Does/Did xyz therapy work for you?" is like me asking "Does/Did a 34w 32l boot cut suit you?".

Just my humble opinion.

Hope my analogies make sense...

MB

Re: I want a new image...

Hey if it works for you..lucky you and good for you .It all makes sense and many people find comfort in many things so something to think about.

Thread Information