Thread: A funny phobia - do you have one.

A funny phobia - do you have one.

I have a fear of buttons. I have had this phobia all my life and cannot think of why it started. Basically I cannot touch any buttons on another persons clothing. I can button up my own clothing or my sons, but it has to be quickly done. If a button falls off my clothing - well lets just say it will never be sewn back on...my husband has to pick it up and get rid of it.

The bigger and shiny the button the worst I feel about it. A box of buttons can make me feel very sick and dirty. If a button touches me, I can feel it's inprint for ages till I wash that part.

Pearly Kings & Queens

This silly phobia doesn't really impede on my life and many find it amusing.

Do you have one you would like to share?

Posting alot to night to keep myself occupied

Re: A funny phobia - do you have one.

My partner's sister hates buttons too!

I had a phobia of roundabouts at some point in my peak of anxiety

Oh and hills too!

Sounds mad now I say it lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wouldn't call it a phobia, I would say it sounds like a superstition or perhaps something you heard as a child about buttons.. But phobia hmmm Guess it could be one.

I will tell you an equally weird..When I was a child I used to hear on the radio that most accidents happened within 25 miles of home..For some reason I heard this a lot.
    Well when I would travel with others although I never told anyone about it, I would
    almost hold my breath till 25 miles was gone and then feel tremendously relived .

Funny I realized later how useless statics were and started ignoring it although
    perhaps it might be true ,I haven't heard that one since I was a child.But now as
    an adult sometimes I get the jitters no matter how far I have traveled within a few
    miles of my destination..Go figure that one out. lol Guess we all have our little quirks.

Pylons!
    Scary big things...I imagine that they are going to come to life and persue me.
    Years ago there was an advert on the tv where pylons came to life...I had to switch the telly off...but my fear of pylons goes way, way back before tellies were even invented!
    I can't watch the advert where the car comes to life either.
    Once I was in Asda by the television section and about 100 screens were playing a trailer from 'Transformers' Eeeeeeeek!!!!!!!

Now that is scary! Imagine a Pylon with a big fat button as a head... thinking we may have hit the next big movie lol

I HATE ANCHORS...AND SUBMARINES/BIG SHIPS, basically, any enormous sea related thing!

I wouldn't say it was a total phobia, as I can be within the vicinity of them if I have to, but they just scare the bejesus out of me. I can't rationalise it at all, as my Dad was a Naval Officer and we often went to the docks in Portsmouth and even went on a submarine tour there once....which I remember not enjoying of course!

I especially hate huge anchors though....the big chains and hooky things....YUK.

Bonkers but true!

Thread Information