Thread: same time of the month, same ****!

same time of the month, same ****!

Hello everyone!
    Yet again my period is here and I feel ****ty. I have been doing well recently, changing my thought patterns etc and making good progress with getting back to normality. I have even got a part-time job!However, my period is here and it knocks me right back for a few days. I am wondering whether I bring it on myself (associating periods with anxiety etc) or whether its my hormones creating how I feel. I feel tense, emotional, panicky at times and can't seem to think positive no matter how hard I try. I am very aware of being on a period, yet before I suffered anxiety/panic, I never really noticed it. I am on the pill which has improved my periods but not the pmt etc. I would like to hear any opinions so get tapping!
    Lots of love,
    Fradycat xxx

I also find that I'm more anxious and nervy in general around my period - particularly the day before, and the first day, when I go off my food (very abnormal for me!) and everything. I read once somewhere that drinking only warm drinks, and not eating chilled foods such as ice cream etc. during your period can help reduce symptoms such as period pains and other PMT symptoms. Perhaps drinking Cammomile tea or something each morning during your period would help with the symptoms, and help to calm your flustered mind as well? Let me know if you find anything that helps!

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Hi hun

I did a diary to keep a count of when i was due on and when the patter emerged i was so much more anxious before a period and now without my diary i konw exactly when i am due to how i feel. That is from someone that never suffered pmt in her life but eventually we all do.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

You are doing well and yes period time is the last to overcome and you feel fragile at this time for a while to come.

period trouble [ladies please]
    one for the females
    ok - here's a REALLY strange question !!!
    girls only
    PMT PANIC
    PMT, tiredness, and feeling of unreality
    Bleuuuuuurgh -for the girls on here!
    time of the month

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post, but that I've just remembered is that I also take Evening Primrose Oil for any symptoms of my "women's troubles". I have to say, I certainly notice it when I have skipped a dose - the painful boobs especially are moreso if I haven't taken my EPO!

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

How is it going hun?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information