Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throat Virus/Flu/Illness going about right now (UK)

Throat Virus/Flu/Illness going about right now (UK)

Is anyone else feeling as if they're starting to come down with something ?

My man-flu senses are perking up, back of the throat has been sore and now I'm satrting to get a bit warm, ust wondering if anyone knows of anything going round ?
    "You are trying to do all the right things, just don't "battle" it out. Try and carry on with normal day to day things and don't shrink from your anxiety. Remember that's it's acceptance that brings recovery. If you've been in a bad place for so long then old habits die hard, but they do die."

Re: Throat Virus/Flu/Illness going about right now (UK)

I thought those were normal daily anxiety symptoms!

Yeah I have the virus at the moment,started with a bad throat on Wednesday last week and on the Thursday morning felt worse,went to the gp and got very strong antibiotics,2 4 times a day.It gradually got worse and I also have ME so feel pretty lousy,it has gone to my chest now but that is to be expected with a bad virus or cold.Don't worry if you get it as it's normal to feel crap when you have this sort of thing,I have disciplined myself to keep the lid on the panic and to just go with it,I have been to work also and didn't take any sick,my family went mad with me but it took my mind off it a bit anyway.Hope you don't get it but if you do rest,see the quack and drink plenty of fluids and just chill-good luck.

yeah i've been feeling odd on and off for weeks, i'm putting it down to anxiety haha

Hello. I went to the gp as I had a really bad throat headache basically felt rubbish he took my temp which was higher than it should be and diagnosed me with pharayngitis (can't spell it) lol anyway its a throat infection he said its going round at the minute but its nothing to worry about and he gave me antbiotics. You feel rubbish with it but its nothing serious. Hope you feel better soon and as mothermac said plenty of fluids and rest. X

There are a couple of quite nasty bugs doing the rounds at the moment; one of them is a throat/sinus infection, and the other one gives the classic flu symptoms of fever and aching joints, but you get a nasty stomach upset with it as well. We've certainly had lots of people where I work who have caught one or the other of them so far.

I know quite alot of people not all in same area who have had a very nasty cough and cold with flu like symptoms - enough to make them stay at home.

Usual start to autumn and unless we turn into hermits not alot we can do about it.

that time of year I'm afraid Zman, HA loves it! Try not to worry about it too much.

I knew I should not have read this thread as I replied to it earlier and was thinking I have been doing really well - I had proper flu last March but nothing since and guess what this evening I started with a tickly cough in throat and bunged up nose and it aches at bottom of throat chest when I breathe.

I have been in contact with quite a few people as I said who have had coughs and colds but isn't it weird that as soon as I think how well I have been doing for nasty viruses wham.

Iv got this now - feel really poorly with it.. sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, achy, soo tired, its horrible.

Had to work from home today.... iv also been panicking so much about it cos i cant hack being ill at all!

Im hoping im feeling abit better tomorrow..... but like everyone else has said, its just a common cold and nothing to worry about if you do get it (i know i should take my own advice lol) x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information