Thread: Is this normal? (period Q)

Is this normal? (period Q)

Sorry I'm posting again this month but I'm very tired (awake since 3am) and emotional. I have a huge phobia of my periods after my D&C 10 months ago, and a heavy period the following month that caused lots of heavy gushing, it left me terrified with this phobia of my periods.

I'm on day 1, heavy already, well I think it's heavy. I'm having gushing feelings when I stand, I go to the loo and it's filled the middle of my pad, all not pure blood, it's like thick mucus blood, I can literally see it slowly pouring out of me onto my pad. Like a string of it. Sorry for the detail but is this normal for the first 2 days or so? I'm just worried because I have this massive phobia of haemorraging:((((

I usually bleed heavier on day 2 and 3, then bleed bit lighter till day 7-8 then it stops.

I was reading the net about vitamins to take during your period and one a site it said some women can hemorrhage during their period, I'm terrified now, the net is lethal:((( My gp told me it's not possible.

I have 3 children, it's hard to get much rest and I don't want them to see me anxious.

Re: Is this normal? (period Q)

Hi Larna

When I was a young woman, I used to suffer dreadfully with heavy periods; they would last for days and I used to suffer with flooding, which used to make me thnk that I was going to bleed to death. Going on the pill sorted my periods out fantastically. Has your GP recommended this at all?

Hi larna I started my period last night. This morning I woke up to go to the loo and had exactly what youre describing. Its like a thick goo that comes out and theres a lot of it!
    Ive never heard of anyone haemorraging during a period. The blood you actually lose is very small in comparison to how it looks. Imagine when you cut your finger and run it under the tap, always looks like alot of blood, but its really nothing.
    You're normal, dont worry

Thank you both.

I'm just so worried I will gush and not stop:((

I've had swabs and had a pelvic ultrasound yesterday which was fine.

Gp has told me my period are not heavy compared to some people who bleed heavy for 8-10 days and it's constant heavy. I'm like this for just 3 days then it's a medium flow until day 7ish.

I had a bad period the month after my op earlier this year, and since then I'm terrified of the gushing sensation:((( I feel so silly, it's just a period.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
    Hi Larna

When I was a young woman, I used to suffer dreadfully with heavy periods; they would last for days and I used to suffer with flooding, which used to make me thnk that I was going to bleed to death. Going on the pill sorted my periods out fantastically. Has your GP recommended this at all?
    I was on the pill for 3 months but came off it as I was having headaches and panic attacks so GP said it wasn't good for me.

It's been gushing everytime I stand or move all day:((( Does anyone else suffer like this? My mum says it's normal the first few days to be heavy.

Yes I do love.
    I have also had that many-a-time, when you stand up and you can feel it pouring out (yucky) and you look down and its like a string of it.. Its gross, but perfectly normal x x x x x x

Thanks so much.

Feel awful this month, lots of it everytime I use the toilet and everytime I stand up after sitting:(( is that normal though for the first 2-3 days? I really hope tomorrow is no worse:((

Thread Information