Thread: Annual Flu Jab

Annual Flu Jab

I am due to have my seasonal flu jab on Saturday because I am asthmatic. I am just recovering from a bad cold and have a hacking cough. Can anyone tell me whether I should cancel my jab or will I still be able to go ahead and have it. Thanks EJ.

Re: Annual Flu Jab

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJane View Post
    I am due to have my seasonal flu jab on Saturday because I am asthmatic. I am just recovering from a bad cold and have a hacking cough. Can anyone tell me whether I should cancel my jab or will I still be able to go ahead and have it. Thanks EJ.

Hi EJ,

I don't think you are allowed to have it if you have a cold, You would be best off re-arranging it in my opinion, I am an Asthmatic too and have had it for years but i have never bothered with Flu Jabs, I had 1 and i got the Flu within a couple of days and that put me off having it done again but it's a personal choice whether to have it or not.

Eggy.

I'd cancel it EJ.

The same thing happened to me last year and the surgery weren't prepared to do mine because I had a cold and was a bit wheezy.

Best wait a fortnight until it's properly cleared up.

take care

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Hi EJ,

I don't think you are allowed to have it if you have a cold, You would be best off re-arranging it in my opinion, I am an Asthmatic too and have had it for years but i have never bothered with Flu Jabs, I had 1 and i got the Flu within a couple of days and that put me off having it done again but it's a personal choice whether to have it or not.

Eggy.
    Forgive me Eggy but I just have got to say..

seeing you reply and advise EJ has brought a smile to my face.

Nice one

EJ sorry you are feeling bad. Yes, I doubt if they'd give you the jab anyway because of this. Hope you feel better soon

EJ

Agree with LB and Eggy..best to wait until you are feeling a tad better hun.

Lisa
    xx

Thanks guys

Thread Information