Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bought filisa but changed my mind

bought filisa but changed my mind

bought filisa as recommended on here but have been put off taking it by my mum and husband. my mum pointed out that it is a uk company and yet the product comes from geurnsey and i have no actual proof that the tablet is made from what they say it is etc and that herbal medicines are not regulated by authorities. she then pointed out the horror storries you read about where people have taken chinese medicines etc and destroyed their kidneys!

unfortunately i have removed the seal so cannot send them back for a refund and so feel i have wasted £26.50!

Re: bought filisa but changed my mind

Hi Joanna, I wouldn't be put off the Guernsey bit because lots of good healthcare companies such as Healthspan send their products from there. It's such a shame because I've used Filisa and it's terrific. It's been in lots of newspapers and magazines -- I actually saw it written about in the Sunday Times. If you're worried ring the company because they're very helpful.

Hi guys, Ive never heared of it...what is it and what does it do? Thanks x

its meant to be brill for anxiety and pmt etc - the only thing that worries me is that it is not regulated - i mean - who decides how much is safe to take and does it have any long term effects on the body? the company say its formulated by a zimbabwean pharmacist and yet its made in geurnsey?!

i would be a lot more sure about taking it if this lady actually produced it inhouse in the uk - everything does not quite add up for me although it may be totally kocher x

Read this Joannap:

http://www.food.gov.uk/safereating/c...e/supplements/

They are regulated

Long sufferer of health anxiety but *shush* it's a secret! Adverse to meds.

"Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant" (Mitchell Kapor)

I spoke to the company because I was concerned about what has been written here. Apparently, Filisa is the Sutherlandia plant from South Africa and it's been used out there traditionally for heaps of years. These guys work with a South African pharmacist and he looks after the whole process including the testing for bacteria etc before it comes to the UK in capsules. The company despatch from Guernsey -- lots of health companies do. They sell lots of Filisa all over the world and they also have a doc called Andy Wright who uses it for his ME patients and a doc in London who uses it too for SAD. Think they're a good company and they are very open. All my questions were answered without a problem.

Also, just thought I'd let you know about this site www.depressioncanbefun.co.uk
    They have lots of info on natural supplements that they recommend. You might find it helpful

thanks ginny

i am just concerned that sutherlandia could turn out to be another kava. i remember that being advertised as wonderful for anxiety and now is banned in uk because of possible liver damage. i am sure conventional anti depressants have their own risks too but they have been studied extensively whereas many herbs have not and i would hate for it to work on my anxiety only for it then to cause other problems for me!

hi crazy cat lady - thanks for the link - did you mean that the company was regulated or the herb? i cannot find any mention of either in the website!

I've done a bit of trawling around and found that there was a safety study done on Sutherlandia in 2002. Here's the link http://www.sahealthinfo.org/traditio...therlandia.pdf

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information