Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anafrinal/clomipramin

Hi Maggs, see you managed the PM, well done! I don't do PMT (thank god!!) I have injections which totally do away with monthlies so I don't get any other symptoms apart from the usual anxiety stuff. I've noticed that Tracy has gone from 25mg to 100mg. This is something else I don't understand, why people are on a low dose yet others are on a high dose?? I feel a lot better having talked about it now & might start taking them tonight doh!!

Les

Hey,

Everyones dosage is different, depending on the individual problem i think.. its all about finding which dose is best for you.

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

I don't have much spare time available to visit my GP. I think I will, in fact I definitely will, start taking the Clomipramine tonight. I'm only prescribed to take one a night 25mg, but my GP did say my panic attacks would stop completely on this dosage so I'll have to trust his judgement I suppose.

I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow. I know its probably too early & it could take a few weeks for it to get in my system, but I just want to make sure it doesn't make my anxiety worse before it makes it better cos at the moment I am "coping" with it in my own way.

Keep you posted & hope they go OK for you too Maggs.

Les

Well, I took the clomipramine last night about 7pm (1 x 25mg tablet). By 8pm I felt a bit drowsy but managed to stay awake for The Bill! I had felt slightly more anxious all day because I'd made the decision to take the tablet & was worried that it would make me feel worse before it made me feel better. Well it did! I felt bloody awful! Its mainly my heart & back, like I'm on the verge of a panic attack but manage to control it, but I also feel jittery & my concentration has totally gone out of the window. I had a meeting this morning with my Department & I might as well not have been there, I just stared into space & couldn't take anything in. I must admit though, I feel a lot better now. I was bad up until about an hour ago, when I say bad, the feelings that I experienced last night didn't go away, apart from when I was asleep. I did sleep OK once I got to sleep, took me a while to get off. I've still got this spaced out feeling, that if I didn't have other symptoms of anxiety, I would probably feel really chilled out, so that's a good sign. Regardless of being on the verge of a panic attack last night, I'm going to continue with the tablets & see if I can manage for a week, if all goes well then I'll stay on them & visit my GP when I'm ready for another prescription.

Let me know how you get on maggs. Take care.

Les

Hi lesley

Thanks for letting me know how you got on. Your so brave starting them, I'm still being a right chicken. I think the first couple of days are probably going to be the worst. You've taken the first step and probably things will get alot easier for you. You manage to cope with the Anxiety so that's a good sign. That's what really worries me because the SSRI's just sent my Anxiety through the roof. I am thinking of starting them this evening. It's a 10mg dose to start the increase after a few days. I went to see my GP this morning after my husband persuaded me. I was so weepy and low, I didn't want to face the day on my own. Outwith my Pms i try and carry on with normal day to day things and muddle on . I like to meet with a friend for coffe and generally like to chat to people. When the Pms strikes i can't face anyone it get so bad. It's probably because i have an underlying anx/dep which i try to manage (not all the time) during the month but then go to pieces as soon as my period starts. My GP really wants me to give the meds a try and she might also try a gync....st if things don't settle down for me on the meds.

I hope this evening is better for you and i'll keep you posted.

Take care
    Maggs

Anafranil is like effexor , that means it affects both serotonin and noradrenaline but is an older drug

my doctor says its like paracetamol.....been around for ages and works well when it does work

Hi like you I had tremendous problems starting Anafranil and was scared of the effects. Since taking it I haven't had one sleepless night, which I had plenty before taking it. After a few doses my anxiety came back even wose than before but it levelled out after a while. Now I'm scared of coming off them as I could do with out the side effects of that.

Tulip

That's what I'm scared of tulip, of it getting bad & the panic attacks coming back. I really can't cope with the panic attacks & they have put me in the hospital every time. I just cannot get the breathing technique right because my hands set like claws & they get so bad that I need the paper bag but can't hold it because of my hands. I'm afraid I've bottled it Maggs, I took one tablet, didn't bother last night because I felt awful all day yesterday, I feel a lot better today but still not 100% that I'd like to be. I feel like I've let you down now, but I'm too scared to think about having another panic attack. I know we all react in different ways to meds, some are great on them others aren't so great. Looks like I'm one of the others, sob, sob!!!

Take care folks & hope it goes well for you all.

Les, xx

Hi Lesley

You haven't let me down. Please don't think that. I felt i'd let you down too, so we are in the same boat. I really do understand how you feel.
    I'm still trying to pluck up the courage or i'm questioning whether i can get through this another way. I'll keep you posted and take care.

ps Tulip- glad to hear your doing well on them

Maggs
    xxxx

Hi Maggs

I know how you feel about not wanting to take any more medication. I am exactly the same.

My doctor gave me the wrong medication a few months ago and I had a really bad reaction to it. Since then, I feel my panic has worsened and I became Agoraphobic. Now I am still Agoraphobic, but not so much. I can go out a little bit, but nowhere major so I still have a lot to work on.

Now I feel very dubious when I talk to my doctor. Have you tried cbt? I am looking into it at the moment, as everybody here on the website has said it is really good and have advised it.

You say that you are scared that the medication will make you sleepy, Im afraid theres only one way to find out! Try taking it for a day and see what happens, go for it with your eyes wide open though. Dont expect it to be a bed of roses, if you accept that it MIGHT make you sleepy chances are it probably wont!

Im no expert, believe me, but thats all I can think of to say, other wise, face the world and just take each day as it comes!

Well, goodluck
    Take care
    Love Jodie xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information