Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHY DO WE THINK WE ARE PHYSICALL ILL WITH ANXIETY

WHY DO WE THINK WE ARE PHYSICALL ILL WITH ANXIETY

EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP I FEEL AS THO I HAVE A HANGOVER EVEN THO NO ALCOHOL WAS DRANK THE PREVIOUS NIGHT. THEN AS THE DAY GOES ON I GET MY OTHER SYMPTOMS LIKE LIGHTHEADEDNESS SHAKY LIKE I FEEL UNSTABLE ON MY FEET SOMETIMS ACHURNING IN MY STOMACH. THIS ALL MAKES ME BELIEVE IM PHYSICALLY ILL AND ALL THE DOCS ARE DOING IS TELLING ME TO GO AWAY AND THINK HARD YOU ARE NOT ILL. ITS EASY FOR THEM TO SAY AND SOMETIMES I THINK THEY ARE JUST FOBING ME OFF. BUT WHY WOULD MY DOC OF 11 YEARS DO THAT TO ME ITS ABOUT TRUST AFTER ALL THEY HAVE OUR LIVES IN THEIR HANDS. CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THE FEELING OF THINKING THEY ARE PHYSICALL ILLAND THEY ARE ALONE.

Yes Katy

It is all about Health Anxiety and not being able to believe we are not dying.

What you need to do is understand why you get each problem and that helps explain it.

Try re-reading these pages on the website ....

Health Anxiety

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

Nicola

Hi Katy

I can so much sympathise with you, I have the same symptoms even now.

I keep trying to tell myself that it's only another panic/anxiety attack, but it still doesn't make the symptoms go away : (

Cath x

Hi Katy
    Like you my physical symptoms get worse as the day goes on, especaiaally the lightheadedness, tiredness and weak feeling. Some days I'm able to persuade myself its the anxiety but other days I can't shake the thoughts that there is something more to all this!
    Take Care
    helen

We have to remember that the physical feelings are real. They are the natural physical response to fear.
    Mostly the fear we have is created by our thoughts. Remember that thoughts lead to feelings. Thoughts can command a physical response from the body.
    I believe what your doctor is trying to say, probably very poorly, is that you need to start looking at your thought patterns and processes.
    When I saw the neurologist and asked him in a desperate state what I could do to stop all of this he just tapped his head. Not very helpful in a way as I wasn't too with it at the time!!!! However, I now see how right he was. Got to change the negative thoughts into positive ones.

Cheers,
    Trev

It works hand in hand ... anxiety...panic...depression etc etc...

And of course the feelings that you get with this make you feel that there is something wrong and so you go on to thinking you have some kinda disease as the feelings, the symtoms dont feel right , do they and then you get more feelings and then you think more, and then you think you have something else wrong with you and it goes round and round and round.
    Until you say ENOUGH F**K OFF LEAVE ME ALONE and little by little ...only little mind, but little by little it will disapear....

now try that.... it isnt easy babe is it, but you have to try , the same as me... did you read my posting earlier katy im too haing a nasty nasty time ,,, but i have to keep trying... its sad isnt it.
    My mates ask me to go out for a drink,can i no--- they dont really understand bless them, i would feel bad ..proper fear if i did at this point and drink will aggrivate me.. everyone is living thier lifes , enjoying theirselfs and theres us worrying and worrying about death basically, our lifes stood still...im scared katy ..i am mate... but i will try if you do love, you have to help yaself, i hated going to town i was in a state... but i will go again, i dont want to but i will..until one day godwilling ,i will go there and feel ashley again..not this wreck...you will be fine..
    we are all here for each other, i love em all on here.. i love trevs postings too, he is top johnny.

there all lovley..

Katy i have a new rap band out now... called eptopic beats they are wicked xx

ash x

thanks ashley mate i dunno wot id do withou people on here and evn tho i dont know u in person i feel i have made friends on here
    xxxxxxxxxx

katy you are not alone. these symptoms are very real and frightening

i hope one day we will loose our fear because i no this is the key

just no that we are always here and know what you are going through
    jackie

Hi Katy

We are all here for you and totally understand how you feel.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information