Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propranolol

Re: Propranolol

I get tired with Propranolol but my body is probably worn out after weeks of anxiety too, it's difficult to tell which is affecting me. I'm hoping to cut down on the Propranolol soon.

I was on Inderal (propranolol) 160mg LA for many years, kept the horrible tachycardia at bay from my panic attacks but not all the other anxious symptoms and thoughts.

Overall I wish I had not used this medication as I did suffer numerous side effects, although minor, led to a lower quality of life. It made my insomnia somewhat worse - I have since read it lowers nocturanal melatonin release with long term use which would explain that. It also made intense physical exercise pretty much impossible. I would get "lead" legs on mountain walks, running was pretty much impossible at any decent tempo and weight training lacked any fizz. I also think it impaired my memory, although that maybe due to the years clocking up!

I switched over to the 40 mg Inderal instant release to use as and when my anxiety/panic occured which was more useful, although again it never addressed all the symptoms or root cause. I think as a temporary solution it maybe helpful but not for as long as I spent on it - around 8 years.

Hello, I am on this med for anxiety. I used to be on 160 mg per day. But now on 80 mg and feel really anxious at the moment. Due to a number of reasons, mainly stress and also I might have to go into Hospital to have a number of teeth out. Which scares me.I also take rescue remedy as well. My hormones are all over the place as well.Anyway I hope that someone can please give me advise Thank-you regards amandah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information