Thread: fluoxetine side effects

fluoxetine side effects

hi all im new on this site today.i have been taking fluoxetine for 13 days now and am feeling more anxious than ever. ive lost over a stone in weight as eating is almost immpossible. i also cannot sleep as the anxiety is so bad. has anyone else experienced these dreadful symptoms and if so how long did they last? thank you very much for any help xxx

Re: fluoxetine side effects

Hi there i had a few side effects from Fluoxetine, they are a slow working drug and it took me a about 5 weeks for them to settle down but when they do you will feel better.

xx

oh thank you. i just want to sleep and eat like a normal person without the constant anxiety. am at doctors friday so will see if i can have sleeping tablets for a while. thank you again xx

Hey, I've been on them a similar amount of time. Had so much trouble sleeping, last weekend I was awake for almost 3 days straight. I got some sleeping pills from a friend as a last resort until I could get some from my DR.

From what I gather insomnia is a really common side effect and I know it's hard to stick in there with the drug when you don't feel it's really working yet but you may as well keep going for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment thing that goes once the drug has settled properly. I'm going to give it another two weeks to see if it levels out and use sleeping pills in the meantime.

I hope it works out for you let me know how you get on.

well its been 3 weeks now and am sleeping soundly and eating loads. still anxious but it is calming down alot.still love the comfort of my bed but am geting stuff done around the house too. so im not totally lazy all day!!!!

Hi, I'm new on here also. It is reassuring knowing others are experiencing these dreadful symptoms of fluoxetine. Mr GP has prescribed sleeping tablets as I was having about 2 hrs sleep, then waking with negative thoughts going round my head for about 4 hours.

I asked my GP to take me off Fluoxetine, but have only been taking them for 10days. He says it is much too early to come off them and to give them at least another week. Think most of the post seem quite positive and that we must 'stick' it out for a while.

Love to hear others experience of taking Fluoxetine just for the reassurance.

i started my like 4 weeks ago i sleep loads but yeh dont eat much on them :/

Thread Information