Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any musicians on here?

Re: Any musicians on here?

Strum a few chords, learn some songs, sing it loud sing it proud. Me and my acoustic guitar.

You know on the tv talent shows where they say "you have a wonderful tone" I have the opposite... Lol but I enjoy it, a bit of del amitri, some big country, a little alarm and whatever else takes my fancy. Played and sung badly but who the hell cares

Just started taking up piano again after a break of 12 years. Finding it hard, but a lot of fun, and it's a great escape from my anxiety. I play mainly classical, and have just finished Burgmuller's Ballade and made a start on the first movement of Moonlight Sonata (crikey, that piece was not designed for small hands!).

I also played clarinet between about 1996 and 2008, but I haven't revisited it. Maybe joining a band or orchestra again would help with my social anxiety.

Anyone else rediscovered music after a long time away from playing? Any hints/tips?

Catherine x

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine84 View Post
    Just started taking up piano again after a break of 12 years. Finding it hard, but a lot of fun, and it's a great escape from my anxiety. I play mainly classical, and have just finished Burgmuller's Ballade and made a start on the first movement of Moonlight Sonata (crikey, that piece was not designed for small hands!).

I also played clarinet between about 1996 and 2008, but I haven't revisited it. Maybe joining a band or orchestra again would help with my social anxiety.

Anyone else rediscovered music after a long time away from playing? Any hints/tips?

Catherine x
    Hi Catherine,

I played professionally full time for close to 15 years before taking a hiatus. While I still played for enjoyment and at parties and such, I didn't perform in a public setting for close to 15 years.

So when I was asked to play an actual gig, I was a bit rusty to say the least. I teach guitar (have a few students) and what I tell them and do myself is practice, practice practice and practice some more. And when you think you have it down?... Practice some more! ~lol~

What I'm getting at is... You want to get to the point with your music that you "own" it if that makes sense. Even as a classical pianist, you can have the sheet music there as many pieces are just so long, but it should be more for reference. When you "own" it, you can impart "you" into the music and that's the most important part of any piece of music

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Any ex-violinists on here by any chance?

Singer

12 string guitar
    Edit: guitar. 12 string guitar sounds snobby, but it's all I know!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Still on the washboard.....lol What happened to NMP band.

Petra

Quote Originally Posted by KLP View Post
    Singer
    What songs do you like to sing?

I am an amateur singer.

I like to sing Someone To Love - Queen, Rolling In The Deep - Adele, some The Eurythmics songs and alot of Musical Theatre songs.

Quote Originally Posted by blue moon View Post
    Still on the washboard.....lol What happened to NMP band.

Petra
    NMP band?! Can we actally, I would be so up for a panic jam

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoGoz View Post
    NMP band?! Can we actally, I would be so up for a panic jam
    Can I be on lead vocals?

I am no good at song writing, but would love to try putting some lyrics together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information