Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: valerian?Any good?

Dearest Diana

I take Omega 3 fish oil and garlic capsules every morning.

Think yourself lucky you don't share an office with me - I can't get through the morning without at least one fishy garlic burp!

And the only reason I'm taking Omega 3 is because I hate all the fish that are full of it.

Yuk - smoked salmon and garlic

Love Charlie

p.s. What was funny about that last post? Or have I completely lost the plot!

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Thanks Meg I may try the Passiflora instead.

It says on the pack take from 1-4 but 2 never made any difference so I am on 3 for now.

Nicola

Charlie,

Just thought the "T-Shirt" statement was funny, I wish I had one LOL.................

Silly I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie I don`t envy you with the fish oil, and garlic combo.

However I think I might actually enjoy sharing an office with you. Inspite of the fish oil and garlic combo LoL....

You are just so kind, caring and funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone I think I would actually enjoy being around. ;-D

I was just wondering, since you mentioned "GARLIC" have you ever heard that the garlic tabs are good for "high Blood Pressure"? I am considering them for that purpose, do you know if they are effective for this purpose at all?

Take care dear,

Diana xxxxx

In large quantities they are effective.

Meg

Meg,

What would be considered "LARGE" quantities, and would "LARGE" quantities do more harm than good?

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

Dear Diana,

Well, the studies were mainly using 600- 900 mg of garlic extract . The more potent supplement for helping control Blood pressure is Co-enzyme Q10. Check it out first though.

Also ensure you're chomping on walnuts - 9 a day - and having enough calcium. Walnuts apart from a great complex carbohydrate have a load of selenium and vit E in them- both good for hearts and BP.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks Meg for the info.

I will check on the Coenzyme Q10. So the Coenzyme Q10 instead of just the Garlic extract correct?

I`ll make sure I get my (9) walnuts a day in to. I love them, no problem there LOL........ .

Do you think I should be taking a seperate Calcium supplement? I mean I get my milk and yogurts in, but I use Fat Free milk, so I`m not sure if that is sufficient or not.

Have you heard anything one way or the other about the Viactiv (check spelling) for a good Calcium supplement?

I hate to bother you with all these questions it`s just that you give so much more in depth information about things than your average Joe.

I really appreciate your help though. :-D

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Meg

So having a walnut tree in your back garden and 4 carrier bags full of walnuts in the airing cupboard would make you popular then - lol.

I daren't eat them - I would scoff the lot and not good for my diet. I know they are good for the cholesterol level though.

Nicola

Bring some up in May - Not allowed on RC though eh ,or could you just ration yourself to a few , might get your BP down a bit !

Diana, One or the other will be enough.

Find a helpful , knowledgable independent health food shop owner. They can be a huge source of info. I don't know that brand over here.
    The calcium is in the protein not the fat so you're still getting it from your milk.

I don't know about the Q10 with diabetes or other meds and conditions - so you'll need to look into that first.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Meg - yeah sod the diet but have a low blood pressure and low cholesterol - lol

Nicola

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information