Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Blood Test with an Abnormality

Another Blood Test with an Abnormality

Again today i have been told that my Blood Test has shown something Abnormal.

I won't find out until Tuesday what it is, It's the last thing i need right now with me being worried about my mouth/throat problems.

Re: Another Blood Test with an Abnormality

They must have said which reading was abnormal?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They told me something on mine was abnormal and I'd have to go back for another, they never told me which was abnormal though, they said (borderline), when I went to the head of the practice he said it wasn't bad it was in the high end of the normal range and said he didn't see why I needed to go and get repeats but to go and get them anyway just to put my mind at rest, needless to say I didn't go and get them done, kind of regretting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Again today i have been told that my Blood Test has shown something Abnormal.

I won't find out until Tuesday what it is, It's the last thing i need right now with me being worried about my mouth/throat problems.
    Was it the doctor that told you this or receptionist? If it's urgent a doctor would normally call you in, you wouldn't be waiting until Tuesday and receptionists are not supposed to give out info over the phone.

A large percentage of blood tests have to be re-done because of slightly abnormal results, it doesn't mean anything sinister.
    You mentioned "again today"..have you had abnormal results before and if so, what were they?
    Last edited by ladybird64; 08-10-10 at 22:01. Reason: Thought about it some more

Quote Originally Posted by ladybird64 View Post
    Was it the doctor that told you this or receptionist?
    I'm guessing it was the receptionist as they said the same to me, they're not qualified to tell you are they?

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    They must have said which reading was abnormal?
    I phoned them today and the receptionist said something was Abnormal and i would have to see a GP, I didn't book an appointment as i already have one booked for Tuesday.

I rang them late today (around 4pm) and someone was supposed to have rang me back but they never did.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybird64 View Post
    Was it the doctor that told you this or receptionist? If it's urgent a doctor would normally call you in, you wouldn't be waiting until Tuesday and receptionists are not supposed to give out info over the phone.

A large percentage of blood tests have to be re-done because of slightly abnormal results, it doesn't mean anything sinister.
    You mentioned "again today"..have you had abnormal results before and if so, what were they?
    The receptionist told me.

I have had 2 or 3 Abnormalities in the past 2 months, I have had slightly high ESR readings, Slightly high WBC readings and another thing as well.

Well it could be something so simple but they are not allowed to say over the phone.

I have loads of abnormal blood tests results at the moment so I am used to them saying you need to see the doc so I just call and ask for specific readings and tell them I know what all the readings mean I just want to know those ones lol.

The doc will tell you more anyway so that is something else to add to the list and make sure you get all the questions answered this time ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

If it was serious someone would have rung you Eggy..Are they open on Sat mornings ? ..If so ,go down there and get your results ,tell them its important you know as its making you feel ill with worry .Im sure its nothing to worry about ,the same happens to lots of people .Sue x

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information