Thread: palpitations with a cold

palpitations with a cold

iv got quite a heavy cold and feel really rough but im panicing because im having strong palpitations aswell....is this normal with a cold????

Re: palpitations with a cold

Do you mean your heart is beating fast and strong so very noticeable _ this is normal with any illness that raises your temp. Or even if your temp is normal but your have a virus illness. I have lost count of the number of times when I have had any virus from colds to flu to stomach bugs and always say to my husband that my heart is racing and very strong and he always says yes it does this every time you have a virus. I then worry myself the virus has gone to my heart which is exceptionally rare event.

So if you have a nasty viral cold then you will have faster than usual heartbeat that feels strong.

I've had a really bad virus since Sunday mornin last week! In the 1st few days where I was rly ill with a screamin temperature I got A LOT of strong missed beats, probably about 1 every 4-5 beats, and my heart rate was rly strong and hard. xx

thankyou guys

Hi Davey

Illness always gives me palpitations too. Have you taken any medication as these, especially cold remedies such as lemsips and any decongestants can give you palpitations too. Try honey and lemon instead and steam inhalation.

Hope you are feeling better soon

I get loads of skipped beats every time I get a cold. For me they are the first symptom, a day full of skipped beats usually means a full blown cold the next day.

Unhappy Re: palpitations with a cold

I'm so glad ive found this page...

I am absolutely full of cold today, just been over the street to visit my mother in law and come home and have heart palpitations......ive suffered with anxiety for the last 17 years......

Ive taken ibprobrufen and paracetamol today but that weirded me out :-(

I've had a cold this week and one side of my throat has been sore and I have been a lot more 'palpy' and could feel my heart beating faster and more noticeable. As the cold symptoms have gone, so have the palps.

Glad I came on and saw this, I am having my first panic attack for weeks coming from the fact I have a cold and my heart has been beating more noticably, also have a sore chest and ribs through coughing so much, get well soon everyone

Thread Information