Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is the day im going to seek help....

Exclamation Today is the day im going to seek help....

Morning everyone...
    well today is the day... i have made my doctors appointment 530 pm today !!! to see my doctor... My health anxiety is at a point now where i need to seriously do something about it...
    Ive had health anxiety for nearly 2 years now... ive had many tests, abdominal scan, chest xray, blood tests,smear,swabs... all of which have been fine.......... but the feeling and pain is so feel i cant believe that everything IS ok :-(
    even tho my latest symptom of pain in arms/chest/back... is a trapped nerve possibly my doctor has said.... it has sent my anxiety rocketing...
    ive imagined all sorts of things.... tumour on my spine causing the pain....
    I cant go on like this anymore.... the past few weeks all i have thought about is... dying and never seeing my little boy grow up, never getting married to my partner... as close as not seeing my 26th birthday in November... every night im so anxious im having slight panic attacks... my heart is pounding and all i am thinking about is dying...
    It got so bad last night i was lead in bed imagining my funeral and what music there will be... i even got stressed i could only think of one song for when they carry my coffin out... not the song when everyone will arrive at the church
    This just has to stop now..... i mentally and physically cant cope with it anymore... to the point i do feel i am actually going mad... im always feeling unwell... like ill get a spout of ibs... then that goes then ill get a bit of a headache, then a week or so later there will be another symptom i cant explain... but in my head it is cancer or some deadly disease..

if anyone had any success in going to their doc and a week later being completely different let me know... i can not not live like this forever

Carls
    xxxxx

Re: Today is the day im going to seek help....

mmm you are doing the right thing sweetie but you may not feel better immediately. The fact that you are going to doctors today is a huge step forward though and keep focussed on that!!!

Bug the doctor for all the help ou can get - counselling anything he can offer!!!!!!

My anxiety is general but causes me a nightmare at times - I have recently taken control and asked for help and am coming on in leaps and bounds, there are still difficult days but i feel so much better and quite positive about the future.

Good luck for later and let us know how you get on xxx

could have written that post myself big hugs hop the doctor can help you let us know how it goes x

Well done for facing the fear...and doing it anyway. Im sure youll come back from gp reassured, although it may take a while to fully accept you are ok. Let us know what happens x

Carly, recovery is a process that takes time. But with the kind of HA you have (which I also had), a week of meds/counseling will show a huge difference. I'm currently on Sertraline and Ativan (lorazepam) and can honestly say it does make a big difference. Ofcourse, you have to work for yourself, meds and counseling aren't a miracle-cure by themselves. I'm rooting for you.

Thanks everyone... it really does help to know im not alone... my motivation is a all time low... we are going out for a meal tonight, me and my fiance, im so looking forward to it but im not motivated if that makes sense... im in the process of leaving my old job to start a new one begining of nov... as a carer for people with dementia... im so excited about it, and dont want to be feeling like this... worried ill end up loosing the job, and that just CANT happen,
    my family cant understand why i am like it, so difficult to try and explain to them,
    just the slightest pain now and i go into panic, even pins and needles in my foot sets me off, how stupid is that ... ill let you all know how i get on, my doctor isnt ever to keen on putting me on meds, not sure why, i have tried the cbt but all she did was saying well you worry about all of this yet you smoke... yes i do smoke... but that is one thing that i (sorry to say) enjoy, i dont smoke 100 a day, prob 10 to 15 max, have great friends ( which i dont really make the effort to say anymore) as im to busy sitting and thinking about dying and being ill.... awful horrid poop it is lol !! xxx
    thank you so much for the replys... it really does make me feel better to know people understand and are the same :-) xxxx

Carly,

You're doing the right thing.

We're all with you, so when you go to your appointment later, it's going to be really crowded.

Now you're taking this next stage, you'll discover that you're on the road to recovery.

Have a wonderful time this evening...and don't worry, it'll just be the two of you.

Take care,

Sue x

Current Medication: Propranolol; Depakote; Sertraline; Pregabalin; Zopiclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Carly Lou View Post
    if anyone had any success in going to their doc and a week later being completely different let me know...
    Don't set yourself a target date for feeling totally different. If your not a lot better this time next week, you will be dissappointed. However if your even a little bit better, your going the right way.

It took me a while to feel normal again and it really doesn't matter how long it takes. Plus it wasn't my doctor who helped, it was some CBT training. My doctor was not helpful at all..

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Ask the doctor for some referral to counselling and preferably CBT - that should be a big help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

best of luck with your doctor-look at is as the first step to changing things for the better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information