Thread: Weak right hand and arm _ Help please

Weak right hand and arm _ Help please

Hello again everyone. It seems that I frequent this forum more and more these days as I am going through one health issue or another. A couple of weeks ago I posted on this board that I thought I may have had an anxiety attack out of nowhere. I felt that I couldn't swallow and I kind of panicked. I kept thinking about it and then I started getting dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. That incident really concerned me and has been in the back of my mind along with other health worries. It seems that not a day goes by that I don't worry about my health. Today I had another worrying incident. I got out of bed and as I was moving around I started feeling breathless. The more I thought about it the worse it seem to get. I finally made my way to work and as I was speaking and trying to act normal infront of my manager my face felt really weird (the right side) and I felt like I slurred. After that my right arm felt really weak and then I got really concerned. I was holding my mobile and I felt like I was going to drop it. I pinched my hand and I could feel the pinch and I then did a really tight fist to check my strength and it seemed strong. It took a good 2 hours before this weakness went away. I'm not sure if it stopped when I started concentrating on my work but it eventually went away. I am SO FREAKED out about today's incident. What on earth is this? Please can anyone help me? I have made an appointment to see my doctor at the end of this week but I am scared that she might diagnose something awful. Was this the beginning of a stroke or is it a symptom of MS?
    I recently had a full blood work up and that was fine. My thyroid, sugar, cholesterol have been tested and they were fine as well. What could this be? I am so scared that this could happen again.
    thanks for reading and for your replies.

Re: Weak right hand and arm _ Help please

I get this, its terribly scary and i get it every single day, it sometimes lasts hours :( I too think i might have a stoke lurking waiting to happen or that ive got MS or MND. Im the same as you its my right arm and right hand. Ity also doesnt feel like its attached to my body pretty much all the time. Its so scary. Im seeing a neuorlogist at sum point soon, just to get properly checked out, but my doctor doesnt seem that concerned as my bloods have all been fine. Weakness is usually down to intense adrenalin and tension with anxiety, and as it happened to u after u had been panicking then id deffo say this is just anxiety. It passed didnt it, so yes, sounds exactly like panic and anxiety hun. Mine lasts hours and i dont even have to feel anxious to get it. It just happens and i hate it!! Good luck at docs, but i deffo think this is just a panic symptom, ul be fine x

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

cant really add anything to the last post, good post crazy, bUt wanted you to know I get it too, and good luck at your doctors x hope you feel better soon x

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhayz View Post
    I get this, its terribly scary and i get it every single day, it sometimes lasts hours :( I too think i might have a stoke lurking waiting to happen or that ive got MS or MND. Im the same as you its my right arm and right hand. Ity also doesnt feel like its attached to my body pretty much all the time. Its so scary. Im seeing a neuorlogist at sum point soon, just to get properly checked out, but my doctor doesnt seem that concerned as my bloods have all been fine. Weakness is usually down to intense adrenalin and tension with anxiety, and as it happened to u after u had been panicking then id deffo say this is just anxiety. It passed didnt it, so yes, sounds exactly like panic and anxiety hun. Mine lasts hours and i dont even have to feel anxious to get it. It just happens and i hate it!! Good luck at docs, but i deffo think this is just a panic symptom, ul be fine x
    Thank you for your kind advice. Yes it passed but I kind of brace myself incase this will happen again. I am so over all of this. Good luck to you too and I hope all goes well xx

Quote Originally Posted by paula lynne View Post
    cant really add anything to the last post, good post crazy, bUt wanted you to know I get it too, and good luck at your doctors x hope you feel better soon x
    Thanks Paula Lynne :-). Have you seen your doctor about this and if so has he/she put it down to anxiety?
    Wishing you good health xx

Back in the days' (2 years ago), when I was convinced I had MS, one of the symptoms was a weak left leg . I can now laugh about it because it sounds silly, but back then I was obsessed about it and it worried the hell out of me. I also got different types of tingling and sensations all over my body...

Posted this on a different thread aswell:
    TEST for peripheral blood circulation and oxigen level

move your hand above heart level and pinch/squeeze one of your fingers for a few seconds, until it turns red. When you release it, the part that you were squeezing is white. If it it returns to normal color (like the rest of your -now red- finger) in under 4 seconds, you're absolutely fine. Picked this up from my sister that's a doctor . For me, it's quite conforting when I get a little crazy about circulation/bp/oxigen

Thread Information