Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi i live in lincoln and would like to make new friends

Re: hi i live in lincoln and would like to make new friends

It would be great if there was a local group that helped people with anxiety problems to get together, share problems and make friends... Has anyone in Lincoln used this site to help themselves? Just registered and don't know how useful it is.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyOddy View Post
    Heya I'm Lindsey

Iv lived in Lincoln for 3 years due to the fact I'm training to be a nurse, after recent problems this year I lost a few close friends, I stick to my partner like glue because I feel I have no one else. I really want to make a whole new group of friends to cheer me up have a laugh with go shopping go for meals or drinks. I'm only 21 and feel I shouldn't be this lonely :( would love to hear from any one x
    Hope you've managed to find some friends in Lincoln...

Quote Originally Posted by hannybun View Post
    Oh I live in the doddington park area if you know it x

Hi i Live in Doddington park too and am looking to make new friends.

Hi I also live in Lincoln, I am currently looking for honest,reliable, trustworthy and friendly people to talk to, I am currently suffering with anxiety but having CBT sessions to help combat this, anyway in the last few years I have finally realised that my so called friends are not my friends at all, and they are constantly letting me down, so hence the honest, reliable part. Hope there are peopl like this out there.

Just checking in as another Lincoln resident. Seems there are more of us out there than I thought How long did you have to wait for your CBT referral Hailie? My Dr seemed reluctant to refer me because of the long waiting times, so referred me to some self-help CBT instead.

Hey im frm.cheshire,i dnt go out much due ti panic attacks n dnt see my friends much anymre,

Quote Originally Posted by Elle-Kay View Post
    Just checking in as another Lincoln resident. Seems there are more of us out there than I thought How long did you have to wait for your CBT referral Hailie? My Dr seemed reluctant to refer me because of the long waiting times, so referred me to some self-help CBT instead.
    Hi Ellie,

I live in Lincoln - well, just outside - and it only took me a few weeks from referral to first CBT session! I suppose it really depends which Health authority you are covered by but I wouldn't let doctors fob you off so quickly. Keep pestering them - it took me a while to finally persuade my doctor to refer me for treatment and I genuinely haven't looked back since!

Stay strong and never give up hope!

Cheers,
    Tony

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hailie123 View Post
    Hi I also live in Lincoln, I am currently looking for honest,reliable, trustworthy and friendly people to talk to, I am currently suffering with anxiety but having CBT sessions to help combat this, anyway in the last few years I have finally realised that my so called friends are not my friends at all, and they are constantly letting me down, so hence the honest, reliable part. Hope there are peopl like this out there.
    Hi Hailie,

I'm sure there are honest and reliable people out there - at least I hope there are!

I had CBT about a year ago for Social Anxiety and it turned my life around. Not instantly - the process is a long slog - but the realisation that I had control over my own destiny was the most important thing I learned. I do genuinely hope that you find people to trust - it's important that we have others to talk to - particularly once the CBT sessions stop. In some cities they have groups where people with similar issues can meet and chat but Lincoln's just too small and there is very little organised support.

How are your CBT sessions going, are you finding them useful?

Cheers,
    Tony

Hiya

I live in lincoln too and seem to have lost all my friends and get so lonely so if anyone fancies a cuppa sometime let me know

x

Hi,

what do you do here in Lincoln - are you working or studying? The problem with the types of issues most of us (in this forum) have is that if you aren't regularly meeting people through work or study you can become very isolated.

I haven't found any local support groups as this would have been helpful to me, especially when I was taking part in CB Therapy... And, to be honest, now that the CBT has finished...

Cheers,
    Tony

Hello everyone.

I live in Lincoln and would love to meet up with some of you guys. I have conquered my panic attacks after 15 years, and although still get edgy now and again, I have got my life back! It can be done!

Hi Creamegg,

Good to hear a positive story on the forum and I would agree that it certainly can be done... I've suffered social phobia for as many years as I can remember but decided to do something about it last year... CBT helped enormously but that finished a while ago. The problem I had after that was the lack of support once CBT sessions stopped - it takes a strong personality to keep it going long term with no/little support!

It would be good if Lincoln had its own group to meet occasionally where people can share experiences, success and setbacks...

Cheers
    T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information