Thread: Good weeks and bad weeks.

Good weeks and bad weeks.

Hi all.

After going back to university last week, I've been pretty good. Didn't have any real anxiety or panic attacks for over a week.
    It seems to happen a lot in my case, I'll have some bad weeks of anxiety and panic all the time, which make me want to go see people and get help. Then some good weeks where I feel normal and fine and think I don't need to go get help anymore because I'm better.

So last night I broke the good streak (no attacks for 10 days) with a bout of anxiety and a mild panic attack (I believe they're called limited symptom attacks?) when I was trying to go to sleep. And I've had a bit of an adrenaline rush all day today for no good reason really (consequently feeling exhausted even though I've hardly done anything today).

I hate it when I'm feeling anxious, every little twinge makes me think there's something seriously wrong. Last night I was getting concerned that my left arm felt funny (oh god heart attack time), but it was because I was lying on it...
    Seems that when I'm in panic mode, I notice things I wouldn't normally feel, or associate things with something they're not (like last night where I thought a muscle spasm in my left pec was a heart palpatation).

Really ought to register with the university doctor soon, see if I can get them to start me on some treatment, or hook me up to an ECG or something.

Anyone else like this?

-Alex

Re: Good weeks and bad weeks.

Hi Alex,

I am so like you...when suffering anxiety notice everything. Fast heart beat...then you think you are going to have a heart attack, and twinges here and there just get blown out of proportion. So it is quite normal to feel like this when anxious. I too go through good and bad spells....sometimes not really knowing what sets off a bad spell.

All I know is it will go and yours will too...and hopefully the better spells will become more and the bad spells dwindle away!!!

Hope you feel better soon....and well done for going back to Uni and getting on with your life!!!

If it helps ease your mind the go and talk to someone about it or just go to A&E and have an ecg...I ended up having one on Christmas Day last year as I was suffering missed beats...all was o.k and it did put my mind at rest!!! Lol!!

Take care.
    Jo.xx

Thread Information