Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CBT - My diary

Well done hun and yes think we all know what you mean at the checkout.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks for sharing munchkin! I am nearing the end of my cbt group and am happier than I have been in a long time. It's hard work but turning out to be worth it for me. Your group sounds a little different than mine in that we were prohibited from talking about the past after the first few sessions. Our group leader insists that what happened in the past is of little consequence and all that matters is that we learn how to think accurately by eliminating our thinking errors so we can move forward without anxiety and panic. The longer I have gone without a panic attack the more confident I am becoming and I used to have them regularly. I hope you begin to experience similar success in your group.

Thanks again everyone...these messages really spur me on and keep me going when I feel down.

Karen, no i've not tried the gum idea yet...i need to buy some! I will give it a go! thanks for your kind words.

Axel, i'm not in a CBT group, just one to one. Its interesting to hear your story though, thanks for that. I'm glad CBT is working for you! Hope it does the same for me!

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Munchkin

Glad it is all going so well

Thanks for keeping us updated

The till thing is very common

An open letter to a shop assistant.
    FW: Here we go again

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Thanks for those links Meg. I just read through them, I can relate to what people are saying SO much.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks again everyone...these messages really spur me on and keep me going when I feel down.

Axel, i'm not in a CBT group, just one to one. Its interesting to hear your story though, thanks for that. I'm glad CBT is working for you! Hope it does the same for me!

<div align="right">Originally posted by Munchkin - 18 March 2006 : 19:44:56</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Thanks for the response to my note Munchkin. I hope you are making progress in your one on one sessions. Let me know how it is going when you get a chance and if you have any questions fire away

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give quick update.

I’ve had two more sessions since my last post here…both went well. I’m working on challenging a particular thought pattern I have which is related to my anxiety.

My psychologist is quite good, in that he doesn’t tell me how to think…he lets me figure it out for myself. He simply suggests a new way of thinking about things…and lets face it, suggestion is a very powerful tool! If it wasn’t for all the suggestions I think about of what might happen when I go out, I wouldn’t be suffering from anxiety!

I also find it better because I don’t feel that he’s telling me how to think. I personally am very stubborn and if I thought he was telling me to think in a certain way, I’d probably rebel against it! It makes you feel very in control of your therapy and your thoughts.

In the last session he also got me to visualise my worst nightmare situation and explain what I was thinking, but more importantly, what was behind my thinking.

I’ve had a couple of really good weeks (well good for me!) and yesterday I went out with a friend. I’ve also had a rather good trip to Waitrose supermarket, and didn’t freak out (and I hate supermarkets!). I’m finding the confidence to do these things from somewhere and I’m hoping it’s from the CBT…

My next session will be my sixth and then we’ll review how things are going.

Will keep you posted. Thanks again everyone.

Ps, Karen, keep forgetting to try to gum idea!! My memory is AWOL at the moment!

Axel, thanks for the post...can i ask, how many CBT sessions did you attend before you started to feel the benefits?

hi munchkin, pleased to read the counselling is going well for you, tc .. andrew

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Ps, Karen, keep forgetting to try to gum idea!! My memory is AWOL at the moment!
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Munchkin - 30 March 2006 : 13:28:22</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    LOL Munchkin . I doubt it is a 'miracle cure' or solution but makes sense in that making one change removes one of those 'dominoes' and prevents the whole domino effect.

Well done for the progress you are making and it sounds like the therapy is being helpful and teaching you to challenge those thought processes.

Keep letting us know how you are getting on.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Munchkin - the confidence is coming from you hun which is why you are building up good experiences now. The CTB sounds like it's the aid to that.

Glad its going so well

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information