Thread: IBS or Pregnant?

Unhappy IBS or Pregnant?

Hi all,

Me again.

Okay, where to start. I had sex with my long term boyfriend July 22ed. I am on the pill and I took it perfectly every day at the same time. We didn't use a condom but we used the withdrawal method (along with the pill.) We had sex 4 times. Two weeks later I got my period 4 days early and it came with awful cramps. I had been under a lot of stress at that point.

My period ended and I went to my Dr. He immediately jumped on the pregnancy band wagon. He gave me a urine pregnancy test but my urine was quite diluted so I don't really trust the results. I went on and had another normal cycle and a normal withdrawal bleed/period.

Then the next month I was under stress again and I got awful cramps and my period came 2 days early. I had this terrible pain on the left side of my stomach, cramping, bloating, and I felt a lot of movement in my stomach. I went to a new Dr. and he felt my stomach really well, took my blood pressure and he felt it was safe to say I was suffering from IBS.

After he told me it was IBS I felt better. The pain got better. My period has been over a few days now and I've noticed a lot more vaginal discharge, and I still feel quite bloated. My stomach is being really growly and I feel a lot of trapped gas. If I was pregnant I would have become pregnant approximately 11 weeks ago. I've actually been losing weight lately, but I look really puffy and I feel huge and bloated.

Help! I'm so anxious. I've been driving everyone around me crazy with all my pregnancy talk even though I've lost weight and I've had 3 full periods. When I told my new Dr that my old Dr suggested pregnancy he kind of laughed as if to say that was totally ridiculous, but I can't get it out of my head.

Do any of these things sound like IBS symptoms?

Re: IBS or Pregnant?

It does sound like IBS to me. Why not take a pregnancy test to stop the worry?
    In regards to the previous test, I dont think it will be effected by weak urine as its looking for a hormone in your wee thats not there when youre not pregnant. When you take a test before your period is due it can detect the teeeeny tiny amounts that are in your urine. So it would be able to detect it even with very weak urine

Thread Information