Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone get anxious with IBS

Re: Anyone get anxious with IBS

Hi Honeypie

Just wanted to say that I am like you when I am in the midst of an IBS attack - the pain can go on and on but I do get some relief after each time I have "been" to the loo.

I think that if you have problems with eating regularly it can be more painful - I know for sure that if I forget to eat during the day and then sit down to my evening meal, I can pretty much guarantee an angry flare up within hours

The good news is (putting a positive spin on all of this) that there are so many of us with the same symptoms is that we can't all be suffering from something "worse" than IBS

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by macc noodle View Post
    Hi Honeypie

Just wanted to say that I am like you when I am in the midst of an IBS attack - the pain can go on and on but I do get some relief after each time I have "been" to the loo.

I think that if you have problems with eating regularly it can be more painful - I know for sure that if I forget to eat during the day and then sit down to my evening meal, I can pretty much guarantee an angry flare up within hours

The good news is (putting a positive spin on all of this) that there are so many of us with the same symptoms is that we can't all be suffering from something "worse" than IBS

xxx
    Thanks am just getting myself so worked up thinking that its not IBS and it is some major illness even thiugh i have had all the tests under the sun all came back clear its just annoying the feeling all day that u need to shoot the loo but you dont go

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
    I feel sick and start to shake a bit before I go to the toilet, and I get so anxious that I'm not going to be able to go, or that something will go wrong and I'll be bleeding, or have piles, or someone will interrupt me...

Once I've gone, I am absolutely fine again.

this is how am feeling right now sickly feeling, bad constipation type pains even though i managed to go this morning a bit the pains and fullness feeling right up to my ribs and i have gotten myself into a total state of panic, sweaty palms etc and cant calm down have that pressure feeling above pubic bone and in bottom but cant go but why am i panicking ????

Hi honeyp1e your panicing because like me you are focused on your bowel and every sensation i panic when im constipated i also panic when i have the runs any one else these symptoms would be an inconvieniance but to people like us who suffer health anxiety its a major worry for us and so we feel all the pain and discomfort alot more than anyone else would because we are focused on all our bowel sensations which makes them worse im just the same as you we just cant help the way we are but we can work at getting better
    jayne x

Hello to all
    I was wondering if you know of any medicine I could buy from the chemist that will help me. I think I may have IBS. I have never mentioned this to the GP as yet I have been managing to control it myself.constipation/ diarrhoea but I am at the stage now that it is getting worse . I have started to get stomach cramps or pain which I have not had before. I am scared of what will happen as my mother had a bag (sorry it's such a long time ago i cannot remember what it was called) and my sister has a storma bag now.None of this was due to cancer I might add.
    Any advice would be good. I will add that I do suffer from stress etc and am on long term meds
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by nellie123 View Post
    Hello to all
    I was wondering if you know of any medicine I could buy from the chemist that will help me. I think I may have IBS. I have never mentioned this to the GP as yet I have been managing to control it myself.constipation/ diarrhoea but I am at the stage now that it is getting worse . I have started to get stomach cramps or pain which I have not had before. I am scared of what will happen as my mother had a bag (sorry it's such a long time ago i cannot remember what it was called) and my sister has a storma bag now.None of this was due to cancer I might add.
    Any advice would be good. I will add that I do suffer from stress etc and am on long term meds
    Thanx

Hi Nellie hope your ok ??
    i have not long found out i have IBS as i was having the worse stomach pains and cramps you should just go speak to your doctor to rule anything out....
    but the medication am on is Buscopam, Mottilium, these are also over the counter meds if you just wanted to go buy the in the chemist also peppermint tea or capsules xx
    hope your better soon but if your like me suffering bad with your anxiety right now you will find ibs just gets worse x

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    Hi honeyp1e your panicing because like me you are focused on your bowel and every sensation i panic when im constipated i also panic when i have the runs any one else these symptoms would be an inconvieniance but to people like us who suffer health anxiety its a major worry for us and so we feel all the pain and discomfort alot more than anyone else would because we are focused on all our bowel sensations which makes them worse im just the same as you we just cant help the way we are but we can work at getting better
    jayne x

your so right i focus so much on my stomach 24/7 and i find it makes me worse i try not to think about it so much but easier said than done x

I still freak out after 5 years and my problem is when the pain starts that gets my anxiety at its highest as soon as the pain subsides I calm down

Joan

Honey,
    Thanx for your reply .I am going to the chemist for the buscopam. It rings a bell ,but never tried it.I'll see how I get on before I go to see gp.
    Its such a night mare going to gp, I get so worked up.
    Yes I think it is due through worry and all that.
    I used to have a neighbour. nothing bothered her,she did not panic.
    I remember her knocking a tin of paint all over the carpet,but she just let it dry and left it.for years.
    i truly wish I could be like that,and lie back and let it roll over me.
    Thanx again
    take care
    helen

Thanx Joan65,
    What a night mare.
    We don't know what life is going to throw at us.not many people understand about this problem and it is not funny.
    How come there is no toilet facilities in many shops and even cafes .
    Does my head in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information