Thread: Sertraline and Promethazine (Anti-Histamine)

Sertraline and Promethazine (Anti-Histamine)

Been taking citalopram 30mg for a year now. Docs changing me straight onto Sertraline 50g as i haven't been improving - one a day. He's also given me Promethazine which he says is an anti histamine, to take whenever i start feeling panicky - just like you would take paracetemol when you get a headache.
    Just wondering mainly if anyone has Promethazine or has taken it for panic and anxiety (not for stomach/nausea which is what i see most people take it for) and how they find it?
    Also any experiences on Setraline? Or more specifically going from Citalopram to Setraline? Anything would be great Thanks in advance.
    Lucy x

Re: Sertraline and Promethazine (Anti-Histamine)

Lucy,

I've no experience of taking Promethazine with Sertraline, but you can see from below that I take a concoction of drugs.

I do have side effects, but I'm finding it difficult to say whether they are caused by medication, or panic and anxiety.

I'm under psychiatrist, and GP, so tend to go with their medical say-so, but I also have some input into the treatment I receive.

I think that you'll be fine on these medications, but if you carry on being worried, go back to your doctor for more help and advice.

Blimey sweetie, I've just re-read this post, and I can't understand it, so I really hope you can?

Take care,

Sue x

Current Medication: Propranolol; Depakote; Sertraline; Pregabalin; Zopiclone.

Re: Sertraline and Promethazine (Anti-Histamine)

wow, you're on a big mix of medication! Yeah, i've just freaked myself out with seeing all the experiences of side effects on here, ha. hopefully will be ok though.
    Thanks for the reply, hope it's working out for you xx

Thread Information