Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More throat problems

More throat problems

My throat is playing up a hell of a lot, Today it has been driving me mad.

Basically because of the following:-

*Excess saliva/phelgm in my mouth/throat
    *I have to keep clearing my throat and that makes it feel sore
    *Throat feels very tight like it is closing up or being squeezed
    *Breathing feels compromised, I do have Asthma but my breathing is getting worse and it's not Asthma related.
    *I dread drinking/eating thinking i am going to struggle to swallow.
    *Feels like there is a massive stone stuck in my throat.
    *I cough after eating/drinking surely that's not normal? (Makes me think of bloody MND again.)
    *Throat just keeps hurting and sometimes i get pain when swallowing or pain after eating.
    *I am getting chest pains too and not sure if it's to do with this i think it might start after eating although i'm not too sure.

Re: More throat problems

Eggy, I have all the symptoms you describe. I think that most of it is due to heightened anxiety, and the rest from side effects of medication.

I know that this is of little use, when each little thing points to a serious illness, but I assure (won't heed?) you that if there was something really wrong, your GP would have picked it up by now.

I realise that I'm probably being too nosey, but I'm going to ask anyway - do you have any family members or close friends with whom you could share your concerns? You've probably mentioned these at some time or another, but I want to try to get to be acquainted with the 'old' Eggy...

Your life right now honey, appears to be a rather lonely existence. Don't worry, if I'm completely off the mark, then put me right - ok? Do you manage to work, and if not what are your interests, and your music tastes? Could you manage to take care of a dog, or any small pet which would rely solely on you for their needs?

Some of the above all help to distract away from how we're feeling. In fact, whilst writing this post, my side effects have almost disappeared, and it's only now, whilst focussing on them, that they have returned a little.

You know that this forum is for members with all types of mental health issues, and each have their own problems to deal with. And we can only advise you of our own experiences and suggest ways forward for you to take, on your journey to recovery.

Ultimately, with medical assistance, and a will to get well, the decision is your's, on which path to take...

I wish you every success.

Take care,

Sue x
    Ps I'm here if you want to PM me x

Current Medication: Propranolol; Depakote; Sertraline; Pregabalin; Zopiclone.

Poor Eggy, Inspires has some fab advise there, do you drink camomile tea??? its an acquired taste to start with but it does help to relax you. You need to keep drinking too - your body does weird things if you are dehydrated.

Are you able to get out and have little walk ? I am very good at festering and worrying but if i get out for a breath of fresh air I always feel better(I am lucky coz I live by the sea).

Be assured you are not alone in your feelings hun- this anxiety stuff is pretty tough to handle.

Are you a footie fan ????

Hi Eggy,

I always cough during or after when I am eating, and i have come to realise this has turned into a nervous habit....

i suffer from chronic rhinitis and post nasal drip and have ALL of the symptoms you describe. I drink warm water to soothe my throat, eat when i feel my most relaxed and have a wheatbag on my chest a lot of the time at home.

I hope this helps for you to realise you are not alone, mucus can really make you feel very uncomfortable, i would also advise you to invest in a neti pot and like the others day drink PLENTY of water, not only will this help you to relax your muscles but also it will thin the mucus and make it more comfortable

x

I've noticed something else, When i looked in my mouth earlier under my left tonsil is something white stuck inside it, Looks like a tonsil stone?

It could be Eggy .But it could also be food thats stuck .Have a gargle and take another look .If you don tmind me saying Chuck ,,you have ignored some good advice again and members questions .Folk will start to get peed off if you start ignoring them .I know your anxious but so are they ,and they are trying their hardest to help you . Sue x

I get food stuck there and pick it out lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

*Excess saliva/phelgm in my mouth/throat
    *I have to keep clearing my throat and that makes it feel sore
    *Throat feels very tight like it is closing up or being squeezed
    *Breathing feels compromised, I do have Asthma but my breathing is getting worse and it's not Asthma related.
    *I dread drinking/eating thinking i am going to struggle to swallow.
    *Feels like there is a massive stone stuck in my throat.
    *I cough after eating/drinking surely that's not normal? (Makes me think of bloody MND again.)
    *Throat just keeps hurting and sometimes i get pain when swallowing or pain after eating.
    *I am getting chest pains too and not sure if it's to do with this i think it might start after eating although i'm not too sure.

I've bolded the things that I get daily, you're not alone eggy!

I think you are getting acid reflux/indigestion.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I think you are getting acid reflux/indigestion.
    Hello Nic,

You think so? What makes you say that? To be honest i have always wondered whether i suffer from it but i have always thought i don't but i'm interested in why you think so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information