Thread: Run of palps..

Run of palps..

Going through a bit of a rough phaze lately and have felt myself getting more and more anxious so knew it was coming, my shoulders have felt tight i'm irretable (anyone get irretable/angry)

Today i was just sitting down to my sunday dinner and everytime i leant forward for a mouthful my heart fluttered like really uncontrolable beats like not normal and they made me feel really weak and sickly i had to put down my dinner and pace around for a bit, it eventually stopped but has left me feeling more anxious.Please tell me somene gets a beat the feels like it's never going to go back to normal and makes you feel like this...

Thanks Angie x

Re: Run of palps..

Hi Angie

I just stumbled accross this forum when I was googling ectopics etc so thought id contribute too.

Ive had ectopics on and off (much more on than off!) for about twenty odd years. At different times it really has got me down, the total unpredictabiloity of them, at worst seemingly they can dissapear for a few months then come back all of a sudden. Ive had them consistently now for about a year before which I had a month or so 'off'. I get them when changing posture, after exercise, when just sitting there, I used to get them all the time if I ever laid back on a chair or on the settee. The big bumps were a worry and there are lots of smaller ones too, and flutterings etc. Like you I get anxious and worried. Oddly enough my oldest daughter now gets them though not severely, hopefully they wont get any worse.

Of course you worrying about them makes them worse, and so the anxiety leads to more of em and on it goes...it can indeed be tiring and sickly (all familiar to me). Please be assured that there are lots of people with the same problems as you. It doesnt mean your heart is bad, it isnt affecting your normal beat....yeh yeh I know its easy to say that but its true. Anxiety often comes as part of the deal for people with ectopics/palps.

For what its worth after all these years ive finally got truly sick and tired of them and started to take (low dose) 25mg beta blocker each day (atenolol). This was after a 24hr ECG monitor confirmed that I had lots of ectopics and nothing else (you could ask your GP for this). I mithered my GP to try them. Anyway i reckon the ectopics have been reduced over the last four days by 80 percent or more so im kind of chuffed.

Panicky,

I get this, normally only lasting for about 4 beats, but tooday on the way to lunch, I had a run of atleast 10 altogether. Feels, like my heart is just fluttering away in an odd rythm. They scare me to death. The single ones I have learned to cope with just fine and don't bother me, but these are a different beast.

For what it's worth, I dont get those crazy runs too often, maybe once every couple months. Mostly when I'm ovulating. I hope it's the same for you. Either way you are certainly not alone.

Thanks guy's..

Abby how funny i thought it was only me that got them when ovulating, which i am at the mo and same as you i don't get the crazy ones too often but when i do they scare the hell out of me...although i wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy but it's nice to know i'm not alone x x x

Hehe, I thought I was one of the only ones who get em bad during ovulation too. Worst time of the month for me for some reason. They calm down for me like a week before my period and then act up a bit just before and during but nothing too bad. But as far as those crazy ones, I think it's always when Im ovulating. I think hormones has alot to do with palps for women to be honest.

On a positive note, atleast we can attribute them to our cycles and NOT something wrong with our hearts

hi

i have been getting runs of them lately where i am sitting there and i get a mad run of beats that goes on for a few seconds, i thought i was the only person getting them so glad ( sorry ) to hear others are too cos these ones scare me - i too can handle the single thumps but hate these.

Thread Information