Thread: side effects of sertraline

side effects of sertraline

I have been on 50mg of sertraline for 17 days now, the side effects are driving me mad and making me even more anxious! although they seem to be settling down I still feel dizzy almost every day, and at times feel jittery and feel like my hearts racing, will it get any better, my gp said it can take up to 6 weeks before the sertraline start to work properly x

Re: side effects of sertraline

Hi sammylou xxx
    Im on sertraline.... only been on them 3 days tho... i take half a 50 mg tab a day, so 25mg lol... but i also take half a tab of diaz. so 2mg to calm the side effects down as my first week or taking sert was absoloutly horrendous !!!!
    maybe 50 is to high a dose for you, it sure was for me... i feel tierd most of the time with mine and a anxious. but not as bad as what i was xxx
    what side effects are you having, its horrid isnt it :-(
    maybe go back to your docs and mention this... im off there today for my check up and see how im doing xxxx
    atleast we are in this together :-) xxxxx

Hi Carlylou, the first week of been on the sertraline I was very anxious, i was shaking all the time, dizzy, sick, lost my appetite completely and have lost weight. I think the side effects are starting to wear off im not been sick as much and the shaking has settled down its the dizziness i dont like im frightened that im going to pass out all the time and having a little boy to look after this scares me to death, i know its all in my head as i havnt passed out yet but worrying about it all the time makes me feel worse. I did try citalopram a couple of months ago, only managed 3 days on them ended up at a&e, the side effects of them were 100 times worse than the sertraline believe me, my gp assures me that the side effects will settle down and eventually go x

horrd isnt it.... i wake up from a nap and feel a bit dizzy, shakey, sweaty palms... it does settle but takes a little while...
    what side effects did you have with the cit... last week after taking the sert for 3 days i ended up having to call the ambulance i was so ill and such a state.... so thats why im now on half the dose and taking the small diaz with it to calm me... oh i hope it does get better... i start my new job on the 9th nov and i also have a little boy who is 2 to look after... BLOODY HEALTH ANXIETY !!!
    im so relieved you are in the same boat.... im off to docs now... so ill let you know what she says xxxx
    carly xxxx

xxxxxxxx

The citalopram side effects were anxiousness, hot and cold sweats, dizziness, sickness, severe shaking, feeling of not been able to breathe, palpitations every side effect listed I had. I have just spoken to my gp on the phone and he suggested taking my tablet at night time and assured me once again the side effects will dissapear! I have had to be signed off work for a few weeks untill things settle down which has gone down a treat with my boss (not) but my health is more important I just want to feel normal again, let me know how you get on at the drs x

I am back... well she is pleased with me so far... the diaz is definately masking most of the side effects... im really going to try and not take the other half i diaz tonight and see how i get on xxx hopefully ill be ok...cant take anytime off work, that would make me go mad i think... need to keep myelf busy...
    she said i am obviously very sensetive to meds, in which i get very anxious at the thought of taking them etc etc xxxxxx
    she did mention abt upping the dose in a few weeks, argh.... scary stuff !! x

Carly Lou,

Im glad your dr is pleased with your progress im just hoping im going to start feeling better within the next few days as im due to go on holiday monday. Im a bit concerned with what my dr said about changing taking my tablet to night time, i took it this morning at 11am and im supposed to take it tomorrow night that seems a long time between doses, hope it doesnt make things worse x

Please help, I have been taking sertraline for 5 weeks now and after initial horrible side effects i did start to feel better, but today i feel like a nervous wreck cant stop shaking are the meds not working anymore, advice please x sammylou x

Thread Information