Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else get this feeling? - empty tummy

Does anyone else get this feeling? - empty tummy

Hi,

Does anyone feel like their tummy is really empty at times, almost like being very hungry? I always try to eat 'little and often' to avoid my tummy being too empty but I do get this and it can feel a bit uncomfortable. Don't know if it's just a bit of a spasm in my gut that's causing this. It feels like hunger pangs but it can still be there even after eating.

I have acid reflux and take omeprazole for it.

You're not a failure if you don't make it. You're a success because you tried.

Re: Does anyone else get this feeling? - empty tummy

Since I posted this thread, I've been to see my GP as it was bothering me.

When I spoke with her, she didn't seem too concerned but given that I've had general discomfort for so long (I've had this damn tummy trouble for 8 years now!), she thought it would be wise to do a blood test for Coeliac's Disease. Going to have this done next week.

I too have that empty feeling and went to the doctor as my tummy started stopping me from eating and it was painful. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with me except low iron levels, alhtough I think that was my stomach causing me to eat less. I don't know what it is...just stress or jitteryness I suppose...

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thanks for your reply PanchoGoz. Funny you should say that your iron levels are low. I'm slightly anaemic just now. Hopefully my test will show up something.

Hopefully it won't! You don't want there to be something wrong do you? I'm sure it will be fine xxx

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Hi PanchGoz . No, what I meant here was that I just want some answers to what's going on. If it does show coeliac's it would mean a major change in diet & restrictions to what I could eat, so no I don't want that. I just hate having this digestive discomfort on such a regular basis. It does drag you down a bit.

hi, I know this post is a couple months old now but I was wondering what your results were? I get the empty tummy feeling too and it drives me crazy!

same here, especially at night when trying to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone feel like their tummy is really empty at times, almost like being very hungry? I always try to eat 'little and often' to avoid my tummy being too empty but I do get this and it can feel a bit uncomfortable. Don't know if it's just a bit of a spasm in my gut that's causing this. It feels like hunger pangs but it can still be there even after eating.

I have acid reflux and take omeprazole for it.
    hi sorry to ere about your problem but i suffer the same for 10 years and i still worry about it my belly rumbles i get anxious palpitations it really gets me down every day i have it

Hi,

Since I last posted, my Coeliac's test came back negative which is good news because I didn't want to be on a restricted diet.

My GP then decided to send me for a barium meal (yeuk!) which I had earlier this week. The surgery phoned me yesterday and it turns out that I've got a hiatus hernia. I've to go and see my GP next week, and have a chat about it.

I don't know if anything can be done about this, but at least I now know what has been causing me so much discomfort for so long (almost 8 years now). Over these years, I kind of felt that the GP's I consulted about this problem thought it was all in my mind! Having suffered from anxiousness, it's been all too easy for them to assume this was the case.
    Last edited by Baggie; 14-01-11 at 11:39. Reason: sp error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information