Thread: weird stomach noises for months

weird stomach noises for months

Is it normal to get a lot of rumbling and gurgling noises with IBS. I get this every day on and off somedays worse than others. When i'me moving about it doesn't seem so bad but when i sit down and try to relax ( chance would be a fine thing !!! ) off it goes. At times the noises are unbelievable and its worrying me sick. My family seem to get a lot of amusement from this which is very annoying but its really getting me down along with all my other symptoms. I feel like i'me getting no support or understanding from anyone and feel very low at the moment.This has been going on everyday for five months and i'me absolutely sick of it. Please help xxx

Re: weird stomach noises for months

Hi Rosebud yes it is normal to get theses wierd noises from IBS it is the bowel working overtime usually ,( peristalsis ) is the thing that happens to our gut to send food through our system , with IBS it seems to work faster and cause noisy/ windy probs .

Try not to worry , do you have meds for your IBS ??

My stomach can be so loud it's weird! I can feel it all churning inside!
    Haven't been diagnosed with ibs but I have a lot of symptoms as I live with somebody with it and my mother had it.

Thanks Margaret and Midnight i feel a lot better for your comments xxx

No margaret i don't have meds. I bought some Buscopan but then the doctor put me on anti depressants and it does say on the leaflet not to take them with some kinds of anti depressants and i forgot to ask the doc if it was ok. Will have to ask the pharmacist. I drink peppermint tea when the wind and gurgling stomach are bad and it seems to settle things down, for a while at least. xxx

i know this post is old, but i am trying to find anyone that can relate to what i am going through. i am having an endoscopy tomorrow after experiencing digestive problems for more than a month. i already have negative blood tests, a negative urine screen, a negative abdominal ultrasound and a negative abdominal CT scan with contrast, but i am still terrified that i have stomach cancer. along with the gurgling/churning noise that sounds like a ton of trapped liquid in my stomach, i have indigestion/belching, nausea and lack of appetite. i am caught in such a severe cycle of anxiety right now and afraid that i will never feel better.

Hi Colleen

Sorry yo heat your having problems. Cant give you much in the way of advice but i know how your feeling. I've been like it for many months. Has anyone mentioned ibs? Let us know how you get on.
    Take care xxx

Thread Information