Thread: Citalopram ...going cold turkey

Citalopram ...going cold turkey

Hi all,

Ive just stopped taking them been on them for years was on 60mg and now just taking diazepam and zopiclone, going to see the CPN next week to have an assessment, hate talking about this stuff to "people" just saying the word "depression" makes me cringe, anxiety is a bugger, but i refuse to keep taking tanti depressants, i was feeling crap on them anyway - hope the talking thing makes things a bit better :-)

i feel for everyone on here and hope to be some support to people and well as releasing all the crap going on in the brain

xx

Re: Citalopram ...going cold turkey

What made you decide to go cold turkey? It's not going to be fun XD

its been a couple of weeks now and i feel crap sometimes and great others getting the head zaps again as its not the first time ive come off them - have you come off them or taking them?? hoping the talking bout it helps more than popping a pill, the diazepam helps though x

I've come off citalopram twice, but it was many years ago. I dont remember getting any side effects either, but I was young, so I dont think I knew what to look for. I did the 1 pill every 48 hours method, then to 72 hours, then none.
    Hopefully if youre having the good days, then you'll start to feel more of them than the bad ones!
    It sucks that the medicine that is there to help us can make us worse ><

Cold turkey is not recommended and you are going to feel totally rubbish doing it this way I have to say

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks Vixxy are you still on them? I am in no way shape or form encouraging people to go cold turkey when coming off anti depressants just sharing my stories which is why this forum is here right??

No, I was put on them again after the 2nd time I stopped taking them, but the side effects really knock me out. I was sleeping soooo much and had no motivation. So my GP put me on mirtazapine, which I have to say worked wonders! I sleep better, I feel motivated. They helped the panic attacks, but I was left with GAD instead. So I'm not taking mirtazapine and seroxat Not looking forward to coming off the seroxat, I hear its worse than the others. But needs must

I should say, the reason I stopped them was because I thought I was better The first time I actually had no anxiety for 3 years, then it came back. The second time I stopped taking them I went straight into a really bad relapse. Its all been under doctors supervision^^

thanks for sharing with me Vixxy - i hope you get there and things get better

Thread Information