Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: My Current Worries

Re: My Current Worries

You seem to be very capable of telling all the members on here how wrong they are with all there advice etc etc so why can't you be this strong when you see your doctor?
    You say that they are not very reactive to you when you go and see them.
    What is it that you actually say to your doctors?
    I find it extremely odd that you have explained all these symptoms to us all and seen your doctor numerous times for them not to respond more.

I tend to agree with the person above regarding the A&E (or ER as we call it in Aus haha) if you are in THAT much pain go there and explain everything to them.

BUT let me tell you, anx and tension can cause extreme pain that CAN keep you awake all night. I have suffered from this. My anx causes me extreme tension in my left shoulder, shoulder blade and neck. This pain was soooooo unbearable I couldn't sleep for nights on end and when I finally was able to sleep the days were terrible as I still had the pain.

What I am trying to say here is that my pain was 100% real, it was 100% unbearable but it was 100% anx related.

BUT I can guarantee that you will read this, let it sink for 2 seconds and then forget about it all.
    I try not to read your posts as I find them so frustrating now that all of us have tired to help you and then you just throw it back at us but I can't help myself as I just want to know what your next excuse or round about thought will be to dismiss EVERYTHING everyone has been saying.

Best of luck to you, but only you can help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhayz View Post
    If ur pain is that bad, I would just go to A&E, dont call an ambulance though. I cuda waited about my abdominal pain that i went to A&E for a couple of wks ago but the pain was getting more frequent and i couldnt sleep. They did an ultrasound straight away and xray, and kept me in overnight to see a consultant about any other tests i might require. If i went to a doc i woulda been in agony for weeks on end drugged up to the hilt and waiting ages for tests. A&E wont be angry with you, coz if ur in pain u shud see sum1 urgently if its not in a non-life-threatening place like a leg or arm! Maybe if u just go down there and see sum1, explain ur having extreme pain in ur throat! and have been getting severe pain in ur stomach. Say uve seen ur doctor and he has referred u to ENT but the pains just got worse since u went and u feel u cannot wait weeks/months for ENT coz its so bad u cannot even sleep! Even if evrything turns out ok, they can probably prescribe you the best meds for you pain, including sleeping tablets and muscle relaxants if they feel u would benefit from them. Good luck
    I rang up my GP's out of hours for some advice, This doctor said go back and see your GP, I said they are crap and don't do nothing despite the fact i told them yesterday that it is getting worse, All they have done is refer me to an ENT which is weeks away and is no good to me at all.

I was awake all night last night and it's the 2nd time this week it has happpened, The pain is getting a lot worse and even paracetamol or codeine isn't as effective but if i went to A&E they would probably just fed me some crap and fob me off and send me home without investigating it properly?

Ive given up on you eggy. You are not taking all the good advice that you are given, i just think you want somebody to tell you that you are really ill, just so you can prove everybody wrong.
    If you are really in that much pain you cant be that stupid as to think that A&E would send you away.
    No need to reply.

Regarding your throat Eggy .can I ask if you mentioned the possibility of having a tonsil stone to your Dr ? Did he look to see if he could see one ? It is possible you could have one and its hidden at this present moment in time .If your pain is down to that you need antibiotics and need to gargle with warm salt water .Muscle pain caused by spasm is relieved with muscle relaxants and heat .If you are having pain in your stomach and do suspect IBS .Buscopan or colofac will help , Thats what I meant earlier .Pain of any kind is always made worse by constantly thinking about it .It can keep you awake and makes it feel worse because you are lying there thinking of nothing else .If you dont go to A&E Go back to see your Dr tommororw and tell him you would like something to take for the pain and lack of sleep Until your appointment comes through at the ENT ...Diazapam will help you relax if taken as and when needed .They would also help you get some sleep .Alternatively try some herbal tea like camomlie and passiflora before bed .A warm heat pad or hot water bottle on your back will help and it can also relieve the pain in your neck,stomach and jaw ..All the best Sue x

This thread is getting frustrating.

This thread is getting closed

Reinstating thread but leaving closed

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information