Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Current Worries

Re: My Current Worries

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Eggy read this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/in...roducts_id=281

I mean READ it not just post and say you did. I can check you know ;-)
    Nic,

I meant to have replied to this post earlier, I read everything on that and i found it really interesting.

So what was the gist of it then?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Head + Brick wall. As I've said before no-one on these forums can tell you that you do or do not have the disease. We're not trained medics, only your doctors can diagnose this illness.
    You're wasting your life away worrying about an illness that you more than likely do not have.

My worries about MND continue to deepen mainly because of my mouth/throat issues but also because when i went to the shops earlier i was stood at the traffic lights and my left leg sort of bent by itself and i felt like i was going to fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    So what was the gist of it then?
    I know what it's saying, I can relate to maybe 1 or 2 things in regards to the fact that i do go to the doctors a lot about my problems and i do seek reassurance from people.

Hi Eggy,

As I come on here now, I see at least a new daily post from you if not 2. This is not a bad thing by any means, we are all here for similar reasons and this is a great tool for support and advise.

It seems that everything that you post has a very common theme, either being MND or some type of cancer that is linked.
    You have noted that you have had countless tests and GP appointments yet still do not feel at all satified with the results and advice that you are recieving which is that you are OK.

I completely understand what HA can do, it takes over 100% and all you can think about is what is wrong with me, every twitch every change you mind and body picks up and hones in on it. You are so receptive to the way you are feeling at the moment that everything that you are feeling and thinking are being exposed greater.

I don't deny that you are feeling these things at all but the mind is so powerful, it sounds like you have convinced yourself that you have MND or whatever else you think you have that now your body is feeling those symptoms which will be real as in pain and the feeling but I am confident that it is only your mind playing tricks on you that you are feeling these NOT the fact that you have MND symptoms.

I am not writing this to be rude or harsh or to discredit what you are feeling because I feel for you, what you are going through and what you are feeling would be awful, to have this constantly on your mind and not to be able to go one with your daily life without thinking about it.

Take a step back and look at everything everyone has said to you and everything your GP has said and done to date with advise and tests etc, these are physical proof that you are OK. The next steps for you is to understand why you feel and think this way. What makes you think you have these issues other than the symptoms because there must be something in your life that you know or don't know that is causing you to obesses over this.

I truely believe you do need to see someone to talk everything through, to date you have not been able to express to your GP your exact fears properly and honestly even just being able to get that out and go into detail about that to someone can take a massive weight off your shoulders.

Wish you all the best of luck Eggy, it is not nice to see someone going through this

(ps sorry all, rather long post)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauz View Post
    Hi Eggy,

As I come on here now, I see at least a new daily post from you if not 2. This is not a bad thing by any means, we are all here for similar reasons and this is a great tool for support and advise.

It seems that everything that you post has a very common theme, either being MND or some type of cancer that is linked.
    You have noted that you have had countless tests and GP appointments yet still do not feel at all satified with the results and advice that you are recieving which is that you are OK.

I completely understand what HA can do, it takes over 100% and all you can think about is what is wrong with me, every twitch every change you mind and body picks up and hones in on it. You are so receptive to the way you are feeling at the moment that everything that you are feeling and thinking are being exposed greater.

I don't deny that you are feeling these things at all but the mind is so powerful, it sounds like you have convinced yourself that you have MND or whatever else you think you have that now your body is feeling those symptoms which will be real as in pain and the feeling but I am confident that it is only your mind playing tricks on you that you are feeling these NOT the fact that you have MND symptoms.

I am not writing this to be rude or harsh or to discredit what you are feeling because I feel for you, what you are going through and what you are feeling would be awful, to have this constantly on your mind and not to be able to go one with your daily life without thinking about it.

Take a step back and look at everything everyone has said to you and everything your GP has said and done to date with advise and tests etc, these are physical proof that you are OK. The next steps for you is to understand why you feel and think this way. What makes you think you have these issues other than the symptoms because there must be something in your life that you know or don't know that is causing you to obesses over this.

I truely believe you do need to see someone to talk everything through, to date you have not been able to express to your GP your exact fears properly and honestly even just being able to get that out and go into detail about that to someone can take a massive weight off your shoulders.

Wish you all the best of luck Eggy, it is not nice to see someone going through this

(ps sorry all, rather long post)
    Thank you, Much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to post.

Well i am having more problems with my mouth and throat and my left hand has been very numb and tingly today and it feels weak, My left leg also feels weak.

Eggy. Swallowing and jaw feeling weak is very common when people start worrying about it. As I have said recently I had MND fears after twitching and after I read about Bulbar I had issues swallowing and even slurred speech. the worry about the latter became so bad that I believe that it actually changed the way I speak and I notice it to this day when tired or stressed, especially certain word combinations which I probably used to sound the same but with worrying about it I try to be more precise. I also felt that my hands did not work correctly and had every kind of twitch in every muscle (except my tongue).

Simple thing was that I found out that my nervous system is 100% healthy after having a full body NCV and EMG (even in my tongue). The neurologist said anxiety due to my fears and I asked him how this and that could be caused by stress.

His reply "Anxiety can do whatever it wants", i.e. it can cause any physical symptom especially when worried about it.

I am sure that you don't have MND. It is VERY rare. It is even rarer in people under 40-45. Bulbar is usually in those that are older. It is extremely rare that someone gets bulbar AND the lower body symptoms at the first stage. The doctor probably checked simple reflexes. These would be affected.

Please try to relax. I know how difficult it is to do this. If you need to talk to your GP again. If he can't send you to a neurologist due to the lack of evidence that you have a neurological issue then you need to ask him about it and I am sure that he can explain further why he doesn't think that you have anything.

I have noticed that you always seem to be online here. Try to take a break, just for a few days. This site is not going anywhere. Take some deep breaths, play some music. I know the fear stops you from wanting to do things because you are living with the fear, but please try just to live normally. You are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel W View Post
    Eggy. Swallowing and jaw feeling weak is very common when people start worrying about it. As I have said recently I had MND fears after twitching and after I read about Bulbar I had issues swallowing and even slurred speech. the worry about the latter became so bad that I believe that it actually changed the way I speak and I notice it to this day when tired or stressed, especially certain word combinations which I probably used to sound the same but with worrying about it I try to be more precise. I also felt that my hands did not work correctly and had every kind of twitch in every muscle (except my tongue).

Simple thing was that I found out that my nervous system is 100% healthy after having a full body NCV and EMG (even in my tongue). The neurologist said anxiety due to my fears and I asked him how this and that could be caused by stress.

His reply "Anxiety can do whatever it wants", i.e. it can cause any physical symptom especially when worried about it.

I am sure that you don't have MND. It is VERY rare. It is even rarer in people under 40-45. Bulbar is usually in those that are older. It is extremely rare that someone gets bulbar AND the lower body symptoms at the first stage. The doctor probably checked simple reflexes. These would be affected.

Please try to relax. I know how difficult it is to do this. If you need to talk to your GP again. If he can't send you to a neurologist due to the lack of evidence that you have a neurological issue then you need to ask xhim about it and I am sure that he can explain further why he doesn't think that you have anything.

I have noticed that you always seem to be online here. Try to take a break, just for a few days. This site is not going anywhere. Take some deep.
    breaths, play some music. I know the fear stops you from wanting to do things because you are living with the fear, but please try just to live normally. You are fine.
    Hi Rachel thanks for your message.

I would like to point out that I didn't read up on MND and then have problems with swallowing and chewing and other mouth and throat problems, I developed these symptoms and then about 3-4 weeks later I did a bit of research and came across MND and have been really worried about it ever since, something is definitely not right you don't have problems swallowing and weakness in my hands and legs, I get loads and loads of twitching and also my arms and hands shake like mad.

You had a EMG and NCV done which would have reassured you, If I had the same and maybe an MRI then I would be reassured about MND and other neurological problems.

I might be having a endoscopy or gastroscopy soon so if they didn't find anything on that then I would know that I don't have things like esophagus cancer or throat or stomach cancer etc etc which would put my mind at rest about those things too

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information