Thread: brain damage

brain damage

I dont know if this comes under health concerns but I am managing to dampen down my anxiety and even control any depression that comes thru and deal with the derealisation but I do feel like I have a damaged brain - it wasnt always so and I could in the past fight my way back quite easily to feeling as though I could at least think normally.

I used to drink a lot though having heard (whilst taking ssri's too) 1st hand what alcoholics drink I was never ever in that league at all, in fact I was little league compared to alcoholics and I think about recovered heroin addicts and recovered cocaine addicts and recovered alcoholics and they all have perfectly functioning brains and I do fear in my worst moments that I am carrying some sort of brain damage and that though I can problem solve and am rational, I fear I have brain damage.

and feeling like this is enough to make me want to go out and get blind drunk so I am so out of it I dont even care - which then leads me back down an anxiety panic attack path - so dead end to the left and dead end to the right - so accept the unacceptable and carry on trying - golly gosh what fun - I wish some one in the nhs could give me a brain scan and tell me yes or no my brain is damaged - then if it isnt i carry on the path of getting well and if it is - well nothing to lose then - go out and get so drunk everynite that i never notice myself again

andrew i truly believe if you were brain damaged you would have been diagnosed this by a doctor. it is not something that they miss i am sure

im sure you are fine and i really dont think you need to worry about your brain. to know what you are going through as well as you do would be impossible if you had suffered brain damage

try not to worry even though i know it is hard believe me i do

jackie

Andrew

**I do feel like I have a damaged brain ** whats your clinical evidence for this ?

Sounds like you are doing well to me

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Thread Information