Thread: Disturbed sleep and nightmares

Disturbed sleep and nightmares

Hi

I have been taking Mirt for around 6 weeks now, started on 15mg and was upped to 30mgs 2 weeks ago. I know they can be stimulating in the higher dose but since my dosage was increased I have been having awful nightmares and very disturbed sleep. Also waking myself up talking out loud in my sleep. Is this normal and does it ease up eventually. My mood had lifted but now I am feeling tired all day due to lack of sleep.
    Can anyone relate to this ?

Re: Disturbed sleep and nightmares

Hi there, sorry you are having these side effects. I have also been on increased dose of 30mg for about 2 weeks now. I find that if i don't exercise everyday i also have very disturbed sleep, though if i exercise it seems to help, may be worth a shot if your not already doing? Also, are you taking diazapn by any chance? I found that one night if i took the diazapn not long before going to be bed then i also had nightmares. When i saw the pdoc on friday he said that usually the vivid dreams and things tend to die down once the depression is treated. Have you spoke to your GP? He may be able to prescribe something to help you sleep xx

Re: Disturbed sleep and nightmares

Hi ems43, thanks for your reply. Yes I am taking diazepam but not at bedtime. I was also given zopiclone when I first started on Mirt but found I didn't need them, I spoke to my GP today and she said to take them if needed until I get settled on 30mg, so here's to a good nights sleep. Fingers crossed.

Thread Information