Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cystitis-like symptoms

Re: Cystitis-like symptoms

Hi me again!

Although my symptoms have lessened I am still getting a kind of discomfort down below. Sometimes a spasm-type pain, sometimes a burning.

I went to a Marie Stopes clinic for further tests (of the STI-type) and hope to have results on Monday/Tuesday but dip test showed no blood anymore which was a relief plus the nurse practitioner said my symptoms were not linked to bladder 'C', my main concern.

Now I don't seem to be peeing much at all and this is starting to worry me - I don't seem to have any visible signs of fluid retention (no swollen, ankles of fingers) but what could this be? My counsellor thinks my symptoms are anxiety-related but I am trying to resist Dr google.

Can anyone relate to this latest symptom and not peeing enough and a general discomfort down below? Am going to try and drink a load of water now to see if it helps. Have mostly been just sleeping today, so I haven't drunk much but if I'm honest it's been going on for a few days now.

Would welcome some support - Sat nights are always so depressing and my anxiety seems to get the better of me - my mind is currently working overtime on other types of the C disease.

xx

hi diva
    just letting you know that even while on antibotics i still had one flare up of cystitis symptoms that lasted most of the day
    but i have been taking one cranberry tablet each day for the last ten days and have had no cystitis symptons at all

Hi Diva, I may be late it answering your posts...but I wanted to share my experience with you. I have suffered my long-term cystitis for over 6 years. All the symptons you shared are normal for cystitis. I literally go from one bout, recover with the aid of antiB's which causes thrush to the next bout. So I was always burning, it actually made me very depressed. Now I take AntiB's regulary to control it rather than it controlling my life! I take one tablet as required (on doctors orders ofc). I have been free of it now for just over a year. But your story does sound normal for cystitis...it does hang around and causes lots of discomf.

Hope you ok tonight x

Thanks for your support - it just seems to me that the symptoms have changed so much since they started. It does now kind of feel like thrush but without the itch or discharge????

I'm almost hoping it is an STI just so I know - never thought I'd say that!

xx

Have you tried to take a thrush treatment? Sometimes thrush is silent as you cannot see it. If you drink lots does your symptons ease? Do they get worse after bath/shower?

Hi there

I haven't tried a thrush treatment.

Symptoms no longer seem to be relieved by drinking lots.

They are worse after a bath - I've switched to non-perfumed, non soap products but that doesn't seem to help.

Didn't know thrush could be silent, so thanks for the info. I had a swab test on Weds, would that pick it up?

Have had loads of AB's over the last three months which do usually give me thrush but have taken a probiotic every day which seems to have stopped any itching/discharge symptoms. I just have this uncomfortable feeling with an occasional spasm-type pain!!!

xx

Mine are a lot worse after a bath too, and this is usually a good sign that I have thrush (even if I have no external signs). It my be worth taking a pessary to see if it relieves your symptoms? It usually takes about a day to work, although I have to take usually three or four times before mine gets better - I have found the oral tablets work much better than the pessaries. I suspect that that will pick up thrush if you have it - but I would ask them if they checked to make sure. AntiB's are notorious for giving thrush. Good luck, I am quite sure it will be something quite simple but I do know how worrying these symptoms are - I have had every test going for the big C in that area! Hope your Saturday night wasn't so bad

Been in absolute agony for the last few days

Sorry to hear that Jane - you have been very supportive to me so I'm sending you a big hug and hope that this episode doesn't last too long.

I'm waiting for my results from the cl*p clinic (well Marie Stopes anyway) that's a position I didn't think I'd ever find myself in at 40+ but we live and learn!!!

xx

Thanks Diva, pain was so bad I had to go to docs. More antibiotics, which I'm not too happy about, but they do seem to be working. Good luck with your results - please let us know how you get on xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information