Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my dad

my dad

my dad dropped dead last tuesday were devasted he waz only 54 my heart is broken and my son hes only 2 keeps lukin for him we live at home wid my mom and dad. my anxiety and panic have hit me big time i duno wat im gona do im afraid sumtin will happen to my mum now dnt want her to leave us i jst feel so awful

Re: my dad

I'm so very sorry for your awful, sudden loss Tracey.

My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you. It is perfectly understandabe that your anxiety and panic has come back with such a shock and bereavement as well.

I also think it is understandable to be terrified of losing someone close like your Mum in the aftermath of another close family members passing, as you are trying to take in and adjust to such a mega huge loss right now.

Just know that you are not alone and we are always here for you to talk to and support you through your anxiety and grief.

lots of hugs to you.xxx
    Last edited by debs71; 24-10-10 at 17:51.

thanx. im just so scared dat im gona die too and my son will have no one. feel so scared at nite too in bed cant sleep or anytin and im very jumpy cant eat or anytin just keep tinkin why my dad. his sister died only 7 weeks ago my aunt he waz heartbroken over her. they tink he had a heart attack. just dropped dead while cutting the lawn at work i miss him so much just wish i cud have done sometin. bein prescribed xanex but im afraid to take it in case anytin happens me. im so fed up and angry duno whether to cry or get mad. and my tummy is so sick feel so dizzy and like im livin in a dream feel like im goin to drop dead too. just really want someone to talk to bout da way im feelin

Aww Tracy

I was so sorry to read that, and my heart goes out to you and you family at this difficult time.

Suppose all a person can really do is to take it one day at a time and just aim to get through one day at a time. Thoughts and feelings are bound to be all over the place, and it’s only natural to experience just about every emotion imaginable.

I remember when Dad died 8 years ago, and a very dear friend earlier this year, I was living in a sort of daze for a good month to six weeks afterwards. Nothing seemed real and it was as if I was detached from life and watching it all happen. I think the mind does that when it gets overwhelmed. Then as time passes and it thinks we can cope with some of it, so a sense of reality starts to return.

It’s understandable to be having lots of morbid thoughts at a time like this, but nothing’s gonna happen to you, or your mum. Try and just be there for each other, and for Little Boy.

Take care,
    Nigel

Oh Im so terribly sorry for the loss of your dad, ny thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family at this awful time. x
    My mum died due to a bodged operation last year, and I thought Id never ever get throught it, or ever get over it, because of my panic and anx, but I did. Be strong for your little one, and remember we are here for you.
    Take one day at a time x
    Paula x

just wanted to post and so i am so sorry to read about your loss and you are bound to feel absolutely awful - loosing a parent must be one of the most traumatic things you can ever deal with. it is bound to make you question your own mortality because it was so unexpected and so how you are feeling is totally normal - it will take lots of time and tlc. thinking of you xx

thanx everyone. hate feeling like dis. hate the nitetime its so lonely and i feel so scared

Sweetie - wot an awful shock for you and your family.

Grief takes its own course and I know its a cliche but in time things will seem better. It is very very early days to come to terms with what has happened.

You can only take one day at a time as the others have said, you will all get through this somehow I know it seems like you won't but you will. I think what your feeling and experiencing is what anyone would be going through just now.

I am lucky enough to not have lost a parent yet - but have experienced losing some very special people in my life in all sorts of circumstances.

Just remember we are here for you anytime - please please feel free to share anything - i;ve always had to cope on my own and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

big hugs to you and your familyx

I'm so sorry for your loss. life is too cruel. My thoughts are with you xx

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I wanted to echo what other people have said - and say how sorry I am for your loss. I don't know what to say - just try to take it one day at a time x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information