Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He's gone

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown..

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

awww, i am so so sorry to hear about your loss.. i myself am a HUGE animal lover and of course anything like this really upsets me... i hope you are OK..

-------------------------------------------------
    A friend is one who knows you as you are...
    Understands where you've been...
    Accepts who you've become
    And still gently invites you to grow....

So sorry to hear about your loss hun,

I know what your going through we have just lost one cat he went missing over a month ago now. Our other cat has cancer which is looking like it's terminal and he's only 3.

I do understand tis so heartbreaking. Animals are so very wonderful.

Take Care,

Thinking Of you.

Love PIP'S X X X X

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Best wishes.

Chardonnay.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
    magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror

Thanks so much everyone for your lovely words. It was really helpful to share it and read all your replies. You are all so kind.

We gave him a good send off though. Get your tissues ready folks... He died on his (real) sheepskin rug in front of a blazing log fire. We decided to wrap him up snugly in the fur and then we sewed it up, like a North American Indian papoose. I also put a nice crystal in with him. We lit some little candles on the hearth and I sat there with him for a couple of hours - a kind of cat shrine (I have 2 massive wooden cats either side of the mantelpiece). Then we carefully carried this swaddled little package out into the garden and buried him, all snug in his fleece, between the apple trees in one of his favourite places. Even found a few snowdrops to place in there before saying our final goodbyes.

On a brighter note, we then went away for a few days (first time in ages, as I couldn't leave him on his own before) and I feel much better now. Funnily enough, I seemed like a cat magnet while I was away - quite a few came up to me in the street or at peoples' houses. Stroking these young, agile, fit and bright-eyed kitties made me realise just how very old and frail my cat had become - well past his prime indeed. So instead of grief/guilt, I have accepted that I did the right thing and am happy (and proud) that he lasted so long. He was fab.

Phew! Life, eh?

Eeb x

PS That Rainbow Bridge is a real hankie job... *sniff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information