Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waking early morning with anxiety

waking early morning with anxiety

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone else out there wake in the early hours with feelings of agitation and anxiety? Its been happening to me for months, twice spilling over into a full blown panic attack. The first time I put it down to a reaction to meds I was on for a bad back but since it happened again early this morning, I know it wasnt. I wound up in A & E after panicking into oblivion! Only to feel real embarrassed as I calmed down and was told I was fine! Im in bed as we speak afraid to go to sleep. Im already on a low dose of betablocker, the doc told me to increase and take it at night. Does all this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanx for listening!

Re: waking early morning with anxiety

Hi, Yes I have this quite frequently lately waking with a start and all the anxiety symptoms. Luckily, I have been able to calm myself down in about half an hour without phoning anyone to help.

I always wake up feeling anxious at about 4am, I have like you gone to the hospital on a few occasions because of it but now I seem to be able to calm myself down. You're not alone.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your replies! Its 3 50 am noww here in the UK, Im wide awake too scared to go back to sleep in case of a repeat of yesterdays performance! Reading your replies is a great comfort, my doc isnt particularly sympathetic, it takes aperson who has gone through the same to understand. Thanks again.

i have the seem problem at least once or twice a week. i have a relaxation cd on my ipod and also a bookdownloaded on there and i find that if i stick that in my ears i can usually block off the intrusive thoughts and drift off to sleep again, may not work for everyone but it usually helps me at least grab an extra few hours sleep.

yes i have had this problem too! just this morning i woke up with that edgy feeling, but as jackie 26 said, if u do have an ipod u should get some of the relax apps that are on there! i have a couple and i put it on loud with my headphones and i feel alot better now if u havent got an ipod u could still get cds or books, i find them a great help just to relax and breath! hope u feel better soon xx

Hi Jackie, thanks for the reply. I have got a relaxation cd, ill try that tonight, I dunno why but it seems particularly bad at the moment. I also recently started with tinnitus which adds to the sleep problem (or lack of it!), so the cd is a good idea! I think I woke up every hour during the night, feel like c**p
    this morning. Just wanna feel normal.

Hang in there all fellow insomniacs.
    Jillybean x

Thanks also Joexgee! Only just read your post. So good to know we re not alone in all this. Thanks for the tip. Tried the TV last night but in the middle of the night theres not much to keep you hooked!

Jillybean x

The early mornings suck, they are terrible, but you're not alone in this. It's to do with a whole heap of things, but low blood sugar plays its part too, I believe

I keep a HA self-help book next to my bed and try to read that, and then just get up. I don't tend to wake up till about 6am though

Good luck and don't panic

Thumbs down Re: waking early morning with anxiety

Mornings are terrible for me too. 4am today, and started to pick up about 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information