Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits

Benefits

Just spoken with DWP, we are now meant to live on £85 per week for 2 people.

How the f*ck is that even possible?

Re: Benefits

Many do it ..no choice .

Thats a really helpful answer, thanks...

infact **** it, ive really had it with this site, just delete me one of the adins.

Piers, I don't think Sue meant that harshly at all. To be honest mate, you are quite lucky to get anything at all! I get sod all and I haven't worked since last October having resigned from the NHS for stress reasons and I have been seeking a non nursing job without success.I could possibly get JSA but am holding off as I desperately don't want to sign on YET AGAIN as I hate it with a passion and find it depressing and demoralising, but in terms of anything else I get ZILCH. As far as the powers that be are considered, the fact I am living under my parents roof at the age of 39 means that I am okey dokey as they can bail me out, which I find ludicrous as I am a grown adult and would not expect them to bail me out simply because I am living with them, so I have been living off my dwindiling bank account - paying for all my food and upkeep whilst seeking work actively, up until the point my panic returned a couple of months ago.

I get where you are coming from, and understand your frustration, but please remember that some of us get jack s**t.

Its a fact of life Piers ..no its not helpful ..Its damn hard and practically impossible .BUT THE MONEY YOU GET IS for basic needs .It can be done .You have to put aside what is NEEDED to pay for heating and cooking .WaterRates .Cut down on heat by putting more clothes on and even washing clothes less often until you have enought for a full load .Shop for food in cheaper shops ,and sometimes that means walking a further distance to maybe save 5opence .Live within a budget ,fresh veg is cheaper than frozen .No alcohol,no cigs no car No takeaways .It s not for luxuries its for basic needs .Thats a fact of life .No it isnt right but what is .Theres nothing you can do ,perhaps work from home doing something ? .Millions of pensioners live in poverty ..LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR OLD AGE ..Life is tough . Make sure you are not entitled to other benefits .It could bump it up a bit . Its no good taking it out on this site .just because you dont get the answers you want .Sometimes you just have to make the best of it and get on with it . Sue

Piers

You obviously have a talent with this UI stuff - is there any way you could get some work at home that you could do to make a bit of income?

When I was at my worst with anxiety I had to carry on working as I had a mortgage to pay and couldn't afford not to - it can be done even though it is hard work.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Piers,

It’s aint fair, but I suppose somehow we’ve gotta try and make the best of it. Some excellent tips from Sue in the art of ‘meanness’

Money is a very emotive subject, and one I’ve had my biggest rants and tantrums about too

Nic’s right – not just about the UI stuff but those other images you posted and linked to are pretty good too. Might be possible to make bit of extra money from that area in some way??

Take care,
    Nigel

We cant afford water and will be cut off unless we produce £180 on the 18th, we only eat one meal a day at the moment, its all we can afford. We cut back on smoking to 1 pack between us now (its not something you can just give up straight away).

Our heating is on in 1 room when we can afford it, the other day it was 12 degrees in our sittingroom, we just sat there shivering under blankets and clothes.

This is why I was pissed off about that reply. Yes I know people have to live on that, but when you are housebound some heating is nice, or maybe even more food possibly?

I tried working, it made things worse.

The one meal we eat is either a pot noodle or morrisons value shepards pie.

Neither of us drink anything apart from water.

Also, if I had said something like 'I am have palps' and you replied with that - would that be cool? No it wouldnt be. This is meant to be a support forum - people are obviously entitled to their own opinions but if they are not supportive or productive then I think they should be kept to themselves.

In the last 3 years I have gone from earning nearly twice that per day (about £150) to living on half that per week for 2 of us. If it was just me then fine maybe but for 2 people.

Reading other posts maybe I am underestimating how messed up I am mentally if people can actually survive on that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Hi Piers,

It’s aint fair, but I suppose somehow we’ve gotta try and make the best of it. Some excellent tips from Sue in the art of ‘meanness’

Money is a very emotive subject, and one I’ve had my biggest rants and tantrums about too

Nic’s right – not just about the UI stuff but those other images you posted and linked to are pretty good too. Might be possible to make bit of extra money from that area in some way??

Take care,
    Nigel
    And thank you Nigel but I already do some work here and there but cant earn too much or they will take more away from my benefits.

I own and run some of these popular sites:

www.anony.ws
    www.anoxy.ws
    www.upld.eu
    www.mbmods.com
    www.anxiousart.com

and have recently designed these:

www.sullivanwindowcleaning.co.uk
    www.sbphotographics.co.uk

I have also had work printed in a couple of magazines and displayed at the affordable art fair in London.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information