Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How long does a referral take?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    845

    How long does a referral take?

    As above, If you get referred to a Neurologist how long do you have to wait to see one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    37

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    It took about two and a half months from when mine came through its not a quick process i'm afraid.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    845

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    Quote Originally Posted by cozza View Post
    It took about two and a half months from when mine came through its not a quick process i'm afraid.
    What do they do when you first see them?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,752

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    Anything between 4-8 monthes, that was the average to see the Neurologist I worked for

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    37

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    i hav'nt been yet its on the 22nd nov so not sure i'm afraid apparentley its quite through though,why do you have a referal?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    845

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    Quote Originally Posted by cozza View Post
    i hav'nt been yet its on the 22nd nov so not sure i'm afraid apparentley its quite through though,why do you have a referal?
    No, I'm in the process of trying to get one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    339

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    It took approx two months for my referral, when I saw mine he had the letter from my doctor and asked me to tell him in my own words whats been happening, he checked my reflexes, did a few balance tests like walking heal to toe in a straight line, following his finger with my eyes test, sorry cant remember the other tests he did.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    845

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    Quote Originally Posted by ann01 View Post
    It took approx two months for my referral, when I saw mine he had the letter from my doctor and asked me to tell him in my own words whats been happening, he checked my reflexes, did a few balance tests like walking heal to toe in a straight line, following his finger with my eyes test, sorry cant remember the other tests he did.
    Thanks, didn't you have an EMG test or an MRI?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    339

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    Hi eggy I'm don't know what a emg test is but yes I had an MRI I go for my second MRI on the 8th November

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    845

    Re: How long does a referral take?

    Quote Originally Posted by ann01 View Post
    Hi eggy I'm don't know what a emg test is but yes I had an MRI I go for my second MRI on the 8th November
    An EMG is where they stick needles in your body to test the muscles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. saw gp got referral to neurologist
    By aldupre in forum Neurologist
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-07-15, 10:33
  2. self referral?
    By NeverRelaxed in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-02-10, 20:42
  3. my referral
    By peanuts in forum OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-04-09, 13:23
  4. Referral: am now worried again
    By ellida in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-07-08, 18:28
  5. referral
    By rois in forum Panic / Panic Attacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-01-06, 20:05

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •