Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Citalopram Journey

Re: Really nervous

Hi

i was so scared of taking them. i had the prescription about 6 weeks before i took one and that was 17 days ago. I was only put on 10mg but i cut them in half so just had the 5mg.

I did have a few side effects, one of which was increased anxiety but nothing to bad. I was feeling so bad anyway i didnt think i could get much worse.

I then did similar to Joexgee and cut a little bit of the tablet off and then increased to about 8mg for a few days. I no that sounds silly but its the only way i could do it. there was probably no difference between the 8 and the 10mg but for me it made it easier to increase so very slowly. anything to try and reduce any side effects!

I am feeling better than i was a few weeks ago, but have some way to go yet. I was on these tablets a few years ago and 10mg for me was enough for me to feel good and have my life back. Im alot worse now so maybe i will have to go up to 20mg but i will take is slow and see how i go

good luck xx

Thank you all so much for your replies and experiences.

Well I am still alive!

Had a lovely long chat with a pharmacist as I picked up the prescription. I told her how I was feeling, she recommended I took the 20mg as that is what the doctor thinks I need and also, if I halved it, it could take twice as long to help me. Went round to my friend after work, yesterday afternoon, armed with the prescription. She got me a glass of water, took it out of the packet and said 'do it', so I did. Bossy moo. I Spent 3 hours with her, then went home, I still felt awful, it was the 5th day of feeling depressed, then fell asleep for about 10 mins, woke up and the black cloud had lifted off me a fair bit, I almost cried with relief. I still feel weak and wobbly today but anything was better than the past week, so whether it was the tablet working ridiculously fast...lol, or the kip, me telling myself the tablet is going work (positive thinking) or just plain old divine intervention...I don't know, but thank God it did.

Took my 2nd tablet this morning, nothing to report so far. But I am aware that I may get some side effects but trying not to dwell on them. I feel not too bad today. Thanks again everyone for the support. xx

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Hope they work soon. Take care. x

Well I had pins and needles in my left hand last night and felt very anxious last night and still today, just wondered if these were side effects or not, (I am not reading leaflet). I know I need to stick with them and they will take time but its the anxiety I don't want increasing really!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Hi Heavenly, I had this too, the anxiety got a little better about day 4 & has taken about 4 weeks to start feeling a little better, i almost gave up taking them in the beginning because i felt so bad, stick with it, it does get better just try & take it easy & try except you may feel a bit grotty at the moment & dont put pressure on yourself to feel better. x

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles71 View Post
    Hi Heavenly, I had this too, the anxiety got a little better about day 4 & has taken about 4 weeks to start feeling a little better, i almost gave up taking them in the beginning because i felt so bad, stick with it, it does get better just try & take it easy & try except you may feel a bit grotty at the moment & dont put pressure on yourself to feel better. x
    Thank you. Wish I could fast forward! I felt not bad yesterday during the day but last night and today, anxiety levels are really high.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

I'm sure they will start to help soon, take care. x

Heavenly, i got the pins and needles in my hands also when i first started them

Im on day 19 and i really have had the best weekend anx wise for ages and ages.

keep going and good luck

mandie xx

Thank you everyone. I am on day 4 now, not sure if the high anxiety I got Sat night and all day yesterday was due to the tablets or not but I will stick with them. Need to keep thinking positive but its so hard when you don't feel too good.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Very drowsy at work today, difficult to focus, but keep telling myself it will pass, just have to stick it out.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information