Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: My Citalopram Journey

Re: My Citalopram Journey

Well, I am back home now after housesitting. It is nice to be back home. It was a tough week last week, but I have been anxiety free since the weekend. And more importantly, anxiety free yesterday morning and this morning, with work ahead of me, so that is a big step. It's amazing how much stronger and positive I feel just with having 4 anxiety free days, it helps so much. Fingers crossed I can keep the run going!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Good to have you back. Fingers crossed the good run continues for you.

x

Well I am having a good week! Haven't had any anxiety since before the weekend, which is the longest I have been anxiety free for a few weeks. I feel positive this week, work is still rubbish but it doesn't bother me this week. I need to get back up to the gym, so will go swimming this afternoon. Also, the studying has come to a standstill since I have felt rough but I am going to get back into it. I am worried that I won't pass the whole thing, but I know its more important to do it, give it a go, learn something new. Whatever the outcome, I know it will be a good thing for me to do it, just need to get my backside into gear! Also, I will email the school today, I have my CRB check through so need to get that sorted as well. I am fed up with anxiety ruling my life and defining me. I want to take control back, so fingers crossed I can keep this good run going!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Well, had a couple of dodgy days. Not anxiety through worrying about anything, so that is good, but I have had a headache for a couple of days, and when I don't feel well, it causes my anxiety to rear its ugly head. I worry that I have something wrong with me and I woke this morning with that knot in my stomach. I got myself out this afternoon for a long walk. It's such a long hard journey with this anxiety, but I know I will get there. I have emailed the school so waiting to hear from them, also I will get back into studying this week. I am scared of failing but fear will just fuel my anxiety so I know that getting stuck into the studying will make me feel more positive about things.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

I'm sure you won't fail, you are following your ambition.

Hope the headache has passed now.

Well, it's been hard going again. Have had a few days of recurring headaches and light headedness, with no anxiety beforehand. So that confuses me, and because I don't feel well, it causes me to feel anxious. And feeling anxious gives me physical symptoms...so it's a vicious circle. I really need to get an understanding on how to separate the two, if I don't feel well, just to accept it, it doesn't mean I am having an anxiety attack. Easier said than done though!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Well, my first day of volunteering will be tomorrow! Going to help a class of Y2 children with their reading, I think that is 6 year olds. So looking forward to it!

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Hi everyone and thanks for putting this thead out there, I havn't been on the site much recently, but spent most of my time when I was on a lot, trying to give advice and support as I felt quite strong at that time, however recently I am battling in my head about maybe having to go back on citalopram or something similar, which doesn't sit comfortably with me. I have been experiencing what is known as 'Anhedonia' which is 'the seeming inability to find pleasure in anything' I'm sure some of you can associate with this, also been quite paranoid,anxious, weepy etc
    Looks like I need a wee bit of help and advice myself, even though i don't like to admit it.
    Anyway I wish you all, all the best, Steph x

Quote Originally Posted by STEPHYUNO View Post
    Hi everyone and thanks for putting this thead out there, I havn't been on the site much recently, but spent most of my time when I was on a lot, trying to give advice and support as I felt quite strong at that time, however recently I am battling in my head about maybe having to go back on citalopram or something similar, which doesn't sit comfortably with me. I have been experiencing what is known as 'Anhedonia' which is 'the seeming inability to find pleasure in anything' I'm sure some of you can associate with this, also been quite paranoid,anxious, weepy etc
    Looks like I need a wee bit of help and advice myself, even though i don't like to admit it.
    Anyway I wish you all, all the best, Steph x
    Hi there, welcome. Have a good chat with your GP and family/friends, you don't have to rush into a decision re Citalopram, though you have been on it before? Did it help you? Keep posting. xx

Anthony J. D'Angelo

I had a lovely time at the primary school! They were so sweet, I was introduced as Miss (Surname), which made me feel about 90! lol They were having an arts and crafts lesson, so I was in the hall at a desk, really low chair, good job I don't have a bad back...yet! And they came out one at a time with their book and a journal which I had to write in after they had read. I was to put constructive criticism in there, with nothing negative, but was given my own journal, to put notes for the teachers' benefit. Lovely kids. Lovely little girl with plaits and freckles who was very shy and hadn't been at the school long, so I spoke to her about being new and hopefully gave her a pep talk. And encouraged them all to read the book at home (as the deputy headmistress who takes the class, said a lot of them do not read at home). I will be going back every Thursday and it's the same class, which is great, as I can really get to know them. I felt really good when I came out, which is so important for my recovery.

My other half was in Glasgow last night, so I did well on my own last night.
    Last edited by heavenly; 20-05-11 at 09:51.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread Information