Thread: Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia

i have had Agoraphobia for ten years up to now never been ill but the last 4 weeks i have been ill phoned doctor asked for something for it was told i would have to go and see him when i asked him to make a home visit was told no. can he do this
    i dont think doctors think this is an illness but after ten years this is very real
    its not as if you can turn it on and off any help grateful

Re: Agoraphobia

That is wrong on so many levels, the doctor should have at least pointed you in the direction of someone who will make house calls. Try ringing your local hospital - they may have docs who will do house calls or be able to point you in the right direction

Re: Agoraphobia

I had a doctor like this, i was so ill and crippled by panic attacks, everytime i went into the surgery to see him i'd be crying and hyperventilating and he still wouldnt grant me a home visit. It took many years for me to get help after that, but i found a doctor in a different surgery that was sympathetic and came to see me.
    My advice to you is to either speak to a different doctor, or leave that surgey and join a new one.

Thread Information