Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: In Pain

Re: In Pain

Moomintroll
    How are you feeling now? Sending you hugs

Hi Poppy C,

You have really made me smile by posting that..thankyou for asking how I am doing!

I have been doing fairly well (I am wondering if this has anything to do with my meds as I seem to sail around at work and doing my shopping and feel pretty good). Tonight I am feeling a bit sad again, I think it's all this talk of the royal engagement..makes me miss my ex an awful lot when I think how good we were together.

I still get moments where it almost doesn't seem real that we have split, and it all floods back in..but in the main I am getting on with my life, and actually over the last few days have found myself being more motivated to get my life sorted ie do the house up the way I like and really start taking control of myself again.

I just hope this isn't the calm before the storm and it hits me like a ton of bricks at some point!

x

Taking control is goooood moomin! Glad to hear your feeling a little better, much love x

Thanks Paula Lynne!!

I am finding the bad days are getting further apart now so think I am gradually on the mend. Can't quite believe that it's nearly a month since I was getting on that plane feeling absolutely desperate and beside myself with pain. It really is amazing how much time does start to heal.

I am still not kidding myself though and know I have a long way to go to fully getting back on my feet. I have decided that a long stint of being single is the way forward (not that I will probably get an option anyway!) so that I can find myself again and remember who I was without my ex.

Urrgh. Well where to start...

I have just cried so much I thought I was going to suffocate! I don't know why all of a sudden this has happened, I have felt pretty much indifferent in many ways to the loss of my relationship and have been having moments of happiness. But I just spoke over facebook with one of my ex's mates (not the first time since the split so nothing unusual) about the 'dreaded' weekend which I mention earlier in this thread. And they mentioned that he has finally told everyone (taken him a month to tell his friends we have split) and that he said to them that we are going to be friends and that he really hopes to meet up once I am feeling happier. ME FEELING HAPPIER...NOT HIM OR BOTH OF US. This tells me that he isn't feeling any hurt or sadness or anything, after 3.5 years of relationship.

Don't know if I am just over reacting and being emotional and reading into it too much but I feel so sad tonight.

hiya mooms not been in touch for a while just wondering how you are and how your feeling now hope alls ok . lentils...

wow you seem to be doing well, getting out and about, doing normal every day things, i'm not suggesting your not still hurting, but it's nice to see your not lying in bed feeling very depressed.
    it's only been a month, hopefully as time pass's you will feel better and better.
    ye were together for a few years so it's normal to feel as if the whole thing isn't real.

aw honey, men hurt too they just do not show it as much. a man isn't going to let on to his friends if he's upset.
    men tend to put on a brave face.
    it did take him a whole month to be able to tell people so that to me says he must have been pretty upset.

i think time apart will help, you kinda need to relearn how to just be by your self and not entwined into another person.

your not over reacting, your hurting and you want to know he's hurting too because that means he cares about you.

Hi Lentils - How are you doing? Hope you are ok. I am not doing so brilliant the last few days, I think I am being a bit hormonal and soppy!! Feeling really sad at the whole situation and miss him so much, it's almost like I am waiting for this 'thing' to end and then everything to go back to normal between us, but I know that is never going to happen. Feels so unnatural for us to be apart.

Mishel that is so lovely of you - I am trying to get on with life and in the main have been doing a lot better than I thought. It's surprising how much strength you don't realise you have sometimes!

I think I am having a bad week of it and hopefully will pick up soon again.

x

Maj,

Just wondering how you are doing?

Hope you are bearing up ok too!

Well, the dreaded weekend mentioned afore is now approaching. Really not looking forward to seeing status updates/cpmments on facebook about how everyone is enjoying the weekend. I'm not saying I don't want them too - of course I do, but I just don't think I can bear hearing about it.

I know that they will all want to discuss it with him and find out what he is feeling/why it happened. I doubt they will get any info out of him as he is a complete closed book most of the time, but still, it is hard for me to think I will not be there and they will be discussing things all together.

Suppose will just have to invest in a box of kleenex and a decent bottle of red for Sat night!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information