Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More feelings of depersonalization?

Re: More feelings of depersonalization?

Phil, i get all the symptoms of DP u described in ur last two posts!!

I can deffo sympathise with you regarding the arms not feeling like mine, like they are a dead persons arms just sat there, and i think i cant move them but i can...its not nice. I get the crunching headache feeling, i think thats tension that causes that! thats what my doc said anyway! and i have awful tension in jaw and neck which i can feel in my head, speshly when i move my jaw around sometimes..

I ALWAYS feel like im in a dream when i walk, and i feel like a zombie or that im not rly part of this world, and ppl talk to me and i question who i am and why they r talking to me and who they are...its rly odd!!

I LAWAYS feel like i 'freeze out', like i feel frozen to the spot as if im stuck and im not able to move, but then i move and i know its rubbish but then i still question whether its normal that I had even felt this freezing thing... its a v.scary symptom.

The thing about thinking about one thing, and thats DP, and constasntly wondering if something is related to DP or whether its 'real'as such... and u sit there almost waiting for things to happen.. its horrible, i can more than sympathise with you on that one!! DP makes us feel trapped in someone elses body almost, with a brain that mtakes over our thinking that we cant control.. we CAN though, and thats where the beating it comes into play! Coz this is all just thoughts and adrenalin, and nothing more! I know that, but still it affects me...lol.

Lights always seem dull to me, rooms look smaller/larger than normal. I feel like im in a big bubble, like the world isnt real around me. Its so scary!

Feeling like a statue or figure is part of my everyday life, i knw wot u mean, i sit there and think to myself 'who am i' and like my bodsy is not mine and im wathing everything going on around me and question everything, like why im there and i look at yself doing things and thiunk 'why?' its so strange! i used to think it was madness, but its deffo not, as mad people dont realise they r mad lol. Its just over thinking, anxiety causes overthinking. My dp is getting better, but still a loingggg way to go :(

I just wanted u to know that all of this is DP caused by heightened senses and nerves within ur brain, which is all caused by the dreaded A word!! ANXIETY!!

CBT and meds help alot, but be careful of some SSRI'S, as they can be known to cause DP or make it alot worse..

Take care x

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

no ur right janet-c, my DP causes me to question EVERYTHING!!!!! especially the universe, why we are here, what brought us here, why we do the things we do, whether life is even real is a big one for me... ive just accepted it as anxiety, i wanted to see a psyciatrist but GP didnt think it was neessary. I dont think so now as i am learning to cope with my dp and have realised it often goes away when im completely carrying on with life keeping myself busy. Its just anxiety and ive realised that its call thoughts that do this to us, nothing more! x

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

What concerns me is it's worse..I have to MAJOR fears: Going crazy being locked up or a brain tumour worry...

And I have had this vein at the side of my ear for ages..I can feel it pulsating..and now I notice all the veins like on my face I can almost see them at that side of my face if I look close? The doctor told me not to worry about feeling veins but generally it causes discomfort all day like a "stress" feeling or build up of tension?

Anyway I had been googling a few weeks back and I've had a blur in that eye at that side..and I realised that was a brain thing as a symptom so now all my head says I have that...

Then I feel I'm not processing, taking things in..I'm literately obsessed with the brain. Hence my worries both relating to what's going on up here...

My only comfort is reading the symptoms are severe if it's serious but I worry I'm undetected and I'll get worse and I'll be stuffed.. I have read DP can cause blurry eyes in other posts but I really can't let go of these worries..If I am mad or dying I can't do much I'm snookered really..but if it is anxiety then I lead a very sad life worrying all day.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhayz View Post
    Feeling like a statue or figure is part of my everyday life, i knw wot u mean, i sit there and think to myself 'who am i' and like my bodsy is not mine and im wathing everything going on around me and question everything, like why im there and i look at yself doing things and thiunk 'why?' its so strange! i used to think it was madness, but its deffo not, as mad people dont realise they r mad lol. Its just over thinking, anxiety causes overthinking. My dp is getting better, but still a loingggg way to go :(

I just wanted u to know that all of this is DP caused by heightened senses and nerves within ur brain, which is all caused by the dreaded A word!! ANXIETY!!

CBT and meds help alot, but be careful of some SSRI'S, as they can be known to cause DP or make it alot worse..
    Yes it's like that I did question myself like that but since it returned a few weeks back it feels more like I'm frozen. I do get impulses of who am I? but it's not as bad usually it's just a lingering feeling all day..feeling weird or unreal is almost part of my day and I have the fears of going mad or health anxiety going too...and some ocd.

It's such a complex thing as it seems to change never feels quite the same as the last episode. 2 years ago I was working and all the seats seemed "red" and lights seemed like "wow" it flashed and moved on..it's only this year I've suffered the symptom so long..that I am chronic with many symptoms.

It's very hard to pull myself out it...usually I stay indoors more when it's bad, my enjoyment, interests all suffer, my gut reaction is it's not DP and it's my health or I am crazy..very hard to accept this symptom and move on..I find the only way to shake it off is maybe work right now where my mind is fully applied..walking, xbox, tv doesn't help as I can still half thing about it that's how intense it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Quite hard to describe really..but I guess a fog would be an appropriate word. I feel quite distanced and my panic attacks lately have set me into a trance like feeling like I'm not alive..when I worry about DP feelings I also feel tranced/spaced out. I notice my brain doesn't think normal stuff I operate as usual..at work, online do the same things but feel I'm going mad and that's all I think..I'm not thinking like whats on tv later just anxiety, I have extreme worry going on over tiny things right now. I went out today but felt this way but it eased that I was able to go about my daily routine. I dwell alot on this feeling though.

As I have been in the last few months I've been very aware of my brain like "freaking out about being alive" and "what I'll do in the next second"...I feel it's been quite tough lately a few weeks ago DP kicked back in..I posted about feeling I'm going mad and my latest habit is I turn the TV down, shut off any convo or music as if I hear it all I can think is "maybe I'll crack up, go mad"..so by turning music down this relives the anxiety and I can continue as normal..

Should I keep going on as normal hoping it will pass? Is this yet more complex depersonalization?
    Aw hun i kow exactly how you are feeling , i have been this way. Its all just part of depression / anxiety......the worst thing you can do is keep trying to label it or categorise it and call it something.......or keep trying to 'work it all out' ............its an illusion...You actually just need to ignore it as best you can and use all your energy to doing normal things and being kind and patient with yourself, and bit by bit you will be rebalanced and feel like your old self again, I promise

Lisa
    xxxxxxxxxx

removed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    What concerns me is it's worse..I have to MAJOR fears: Going crazy being locked up or a brain tumour worry...

You are doing that thing we all do-watching yourself too closely.
    The one thing I don't worry about is a brain tumour actually and no-one here should.
    My brother in law had a terminal brain tumour a few years back and we all saw the insidious start of it before we knew what it was. I will not list the symptoms here-but bear in mind it is not one symptom-like a blurry eye-it is a myriad of symptoms that seem unconnected at first and most of them he was not even aware of-only other people noticed.
    Its like that thought that you think you are going mad. Only sane people worry about that actually.I am sure we have all thought we were going mad but none of us actually are. In the same way if you think you have a brain tumour the chances are you probably haven't.
    I hope that is a comfort to you.

janet c

Does anybody find that after spells of little DP that it get's worse when it comes back? I've had about 3/4 phases it's eased, came back in a short space of time but feels 50 times worse than before? Some days I'm a combination of panic, DP, depression.

Plus I've felt so fatigued and run down all year I feel It will never ease..I don't understand how it can be so controlling..not felt normal in ages..just weird usually..very detached from life's purpose..

All I can hope is one day it goes and I don't have the fear to let it run me down?

It will go. Well, from my experience. I was more or less depersonalised for two years in my teens. It was dreadful, and not being educated in matters of mental health I thought I was going to die or something (not that knowing about it helps or is a magic cure, but when you don't even know what you're dealing with, it's even worse!).

Most days I'd be freaking out internally about thinking, life, going mad, feeling distance, feeling out of it, and so on. Occasionally, years later, I might have the odd half hour or so. In time though it became sort of mundane for me. I hope this gets to be the case for you too.

I am so glad to have found this thread.

I'm back in a lull of DP at the moment and it's hell. I have started to convince myself i am going mad. I know i am not. This is all so familiar. As much as i would never wish it on anyone else, it's very comforting to know I am not the only one.

Will be thinking and praying for everything (corny but to be honest when you feel that bad, anything is worth a try).

Ellie x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information