Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello

I've recently been diagnosed with agoraphobia brought on by panic attacks I've been having. I really don't know why they started since I never had an issue like this before in my life. The first panic attack I had was when I was in the airport waiting to fly back to Germany. It felt like I was going to die to be honest. I almost didn't board the plane but in the end I forced myself to reminding myself that my family needed me back home. I had at least 3 panic attacks throughout the trip home that day. (I was flying from Denver Colorado to Frankfurt) I can honestly say that was the worst day I've ever had in my life. I made it home ok but now I struggle with things. If I go into a store or area that's too crowded the panic attack comes back..heck I can't even go to the dentist now without having one. Driving alone is horrible now too. It's not as bad if I have my husband with me but he will be gone for the next year so I'm on my own. Since this has all started happening I've pretty much shut myself up in my own house since that's the only real place I feel comfortable. I finally broke down about a month ago and went to the doctor about everything and she said right off the bat "It sounds like you have anxiety disorder and agoraphobia". So now I will be starting therapy and have been started on citalopram (they had me on bupropion for a while but it didn't help at all so they switch me last week to citalopram) I haven't really told any of my family back in the usa about my issues because it's kind of embarrassing that I can't seem to pull myself together. I tried to tell a couple of my friends here about it but now they just look at me like I'm mental. I found this place after doing a google search and it's kind of nice to see that I'm not the only person who has issues like I do it'll be nice to be able to talk to someone who doesn't think I'm a freak or a mental patient. Anyway sorry for writing a book and thanks for reading.

Hi Jyin

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Thread Information