Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chat toom for support when high anxiety ready to panic a joke

chat toom for support when high anxiety ready to panic a joke

i was feelin so anxiose still am went to chat room for support ended up coming off feeling frustrated and angry why its nice if you want to just chat to each other it felt like msn i wanted support and evry one chatting about going axmas shoping and partying i am sat struggling to get a cup of sugar off my daughter net door or go put my gas card in my meeter to get gas i just though why dont you lot go on msn and chat i even went in to privet char with some one who said breath looked again and no more was said they were all busey chatting about things that didnt help i ave been in chat room and seen people coming on for support and ended up signing out as no matter how much suppoert they was lookin for it wasnt there for long u like they say breath and go off chatting again and some of us need a bit more than just breath and leave u at that well think i ave got it off my chest cant say i feel better for it sorry if people think i am wrong but its just how i feel sorry x

Re: chat toom for support when high anxiety ready to panic a joke

Hi Trish, I've found that anxiety can be a very lonely disorder :( A lot of sufferers choose not to focus on it ( hence the chatroom experience ) Also I think it makes us quite unpopular with other sufferers who are trying not to think about it :( Sometimes people don't want to be constantly reminded that they have anxiety, they just want to focus on the positive I'm just starting to learn that! I'm realizing that yes this is the worst thing that's ever happened to me, but that unfortunately I am the only one who can help myself... yes it's very lonely, but I don't see I really have much choice :(

Quote Originally Posted by kibbutz83 View Post
    Hi Trish, I've found that anxiety can be a very lonely disorder :( A lot of sufferers choose not to focus on it ( hence the chatroom experience ) Also I think it makes us quite unpopular with other sufferers who are trying not to think about it :( Sometimes people don't want to be constantly reminded that they have anxiety, they just want to focus on the positive I'm just starting to learn that! I'm realizing that yes this is the worst thing that's ever happened to me, but that unfortunately I am the only one who can help myself... yes it's very lonely, but I don't see I really have much choice :(
    hi thanks for that and i get it but wen you need that supprt somtimes your seeking it from there and it felt like they was just not listening i no some dont want to think about it i get that but if you go there for support for a few minutes then you can enjoy there chat its just i left feeling frustrated
    thought well were do you go any way thanks for your reply take care trish xx

Hi again Trish, I'll tell you how I've learnt to deal with it I focus on something else. I've found going out for a walk really helps Or watching a film that takes my mind away from my anxiety Also just facing it when it's trying to control and confuse me! After all it's happening inside me, not outside, so surely I have to take back control? Easier said than done I know, but I don't see as I have much choice :( x

Hi Trish, one thing to remember is the reason most people are in chat in the first place - because we have problems of our own - at times this can make it hard to try and help someone else with theirs in depth if we arent having a great day.

Also, and this has been discussed in chat often, a lot of the people come in to chat as a social thing because it helps them relieve their anxiety just by having some company and taking their minds off it - anxiety can be a very lonely illness, and just being among people who understand, even if on the face of it the chat topics may seem banal to you, can be a big help in itself.

how could we get the sugar off your daughter for you and we cant gas on your meter i think chat is a wonderfull things i sure its saved a few lives to
    i seen people help you loads sorry you dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by london View Post
    how could we get the sugar off your daughter for you and we cant gas on your meter i think chat is a wonderfull things i sure its saved a few lives to
    i seen people help you loads sorry you dont think so
    i am not saying you dontget help from some but some times your realy suffering and just lokin for support wen its bad like now i was just there and said i am haveing a panic attack then said help i am struggling evry one carried on chatting in end i just said thanks for your help and signed out i did sit there why evry one was chatting to see if i could get a little support and yeah i am sure u ave spoke to me many times and i ave done it bk and if i see some one realy struggling i take them aside and give as much as i can to help as i no the feelings to well any way enough said i ave been there since and i dare say i will try aagain just letting off steam wen your so wound up already

Hi Trish

Sorry you didn't find the chat room helpfull. Did you try the 'help room' in there at all? 9 times out of ten someone will follow you in and allow you to talk about what's bothering you.

Chat is a very friendly room where many people go on a daily basis.

Lisa

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by trish1955 View Post
    i am not saying you dontget help from some but some times your realy suffering and just lokin for support wen its bad like now i was just there and said i am haveing a panic attack then said help i am struggling evry one carried on chatting in end i just said thanks for your help and signed out i did sit there why evry one was chatting to see if i could get a little support and yeah i am sure u ave spoke to me many times and i ave done it bk and if i see some one realy struggling i take them aside and give as much as i can to help as i no the feelings to well any way enough said i ave been there since and i dare say i will try aagain just letting off steam wen your so wound up already
    Have you tried posting Trish? I rarely go into chat but there are many of us around to help if you post and I'm sure you'd get a reply fairly quickly.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yes that probably a good idea .I dont very often go into chat either .You will get to know more people who can relate to you and your current issues too. Sue x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information