Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing gone and another appears

One thing gone and another appears

Right so the good news is that my legs and arms seem to be getting better tingling wise, the muscle ache seems a lot better, so I might have had yet again another bug....

A couple of things are bothering me now though. I woke up with bad pains in my eyes. I think it might be eye strain but I'm not sure whether that causes stabbing pain in the eye or not? My eyeballs ache a bit if I press on them and they ache when they move from side to side etc.

The other thing is nausea. I just don't know what to do about this one. Can the nausea be caused by reflux even if you can't feel reflux? The Dr thinks that this is what it is but I'm not convinced on this one as I can't feel any indigestion or pain. I keep getting a dry feeling in my mouth and like I'm going to gag. A bubble of gas or something trapped in my throat. It'snot anxiety, I can get it all of a sudden when I'm doing something I am enjoying. I just can't shake it and I'm still pretty much convinced I have a brain tumour causing al these symptoms.

Re: One thing gone and another appears

I think most people get these symptoms even if they don't suffer with anxiety. When you say that one thing goes and another appears, what this really means is that another worry comes along, that you worry about every physical thing...which we all do here. Its your reaction to the aches and pains and acid reflux, dry mouth etc, rather than the symptoms themselves which, as I say, can happen to anyone. If I ask my partner at this moment to list all of the things about his body that bothers him, he would probably rattle off a list...but its the way he deals with them that matters, normally he just wouldn't be bothered to focus on them, and that's what makes the difference between us....wish I could be more like that The way you talk about your symptoms sounds like classic anxiety. You don't sound ill, just very worried.

Anna xx

http://www.anxietynetwork.com/pdshift.html

Symptom shifting. I think anybody who has ever experienced any form of physical anxiety can relate to this and gets scared by it and they feel it confirms something serious is amiss. The paradox is that once you symptom shift like this it actually points clearly to a non organic diagnosis and if you accept this once symptoms shift you are actually at a point where recovery is within touching distance....of course this can go either way, the ball is in your court.

Do not dismiss an anxiety diagnosis as you feel your symptoms when you are not stressed or happy etc. It really doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Once anxiety becomes physical the symptons are not dependant on your mental state and will present as a constant...your body needs to recover as well as your mind.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

I know how you feel dodo ;( Glad your muscle ache has cleared up though!

Right, so! Eye strain can cause a lot of horrible eye symptoms there was a thread on here few weeks ago I'll try to find it for you. Do your eyes feel dry at all? I experienced my first dry eye coupla weeks ago and it REALLY hurt when I tried to move it and if I pressed it. You've been to the opticians coupla months ago havn't you? They would have picked up if there was anything wrong with your eyes or a tumor.

Nausea comes hand in hand with reflux/anxiety. I felt sick for 2 weeks straight once! I couldn't eat anything cuz I had no appitite and just felt really sick. Didn't have any reflux symtoms, wasn't paticularly anxious but still I felt so sick. Anxiety symptoms can come around even when we're not anxious because although we're doing something we enjoy and don't feel anxious, our body still has inapropriate adrenaline levels which is why a lot of us health anxiety sufferers get anxiety symptoms when we're not anxious and it sets us all off again. A lot of it's to do with the subconcious as you fear a brain tumor as much as I fear a heart attack, it never really goes out of our minds though we don't realise it. xx

Found it!

Oh! One eye strain symptom is nausea! Hope this might help a little bit xx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82839

Thanks guys. I think I remember that post pokerface. I was pretty sure that the eye strain could cause stabbing pains but wanted to check. Am pretty sure this is what it is. I have a new phone and spent a while looking at it the other day.

The nausea is really getting to me now. Saturday I was nausea free and feeling like I'd turned a corner, and today it is back again and quite bad too. I keep getting that dry mouth thing like I need to go to the bathroom but nothing ever happens. Not sure what to do next really as I need it to go away :(

Oh and I forgot to add, yes I had my eyes looked at three times, but someone has since said to me that the optician can only detect tumours/ MS etc when they are advanced, so that has worried me a bit again.

Mm I've got quite a dry mouth today thinkin about it! Tryna think what I do when I feel this bad!

Right so this might be a bit "Captain Obvious" so I apologise in advance, but try to drink more water, if you suffer with reflux which might be causing you're dry mouth/nausea try to drink lots of milk! Milk lines you're stomache I think, it makes reflux a lot better anyway! I hate milk with a passion but when I feel sick/dry mouth/heart burny I force a glass down and it helps. Or! Have you tried Andrews Salts? That's a miricle worker for gas/indigestion etc.!

Best thing to do right now would be to drink a glass of milk and try to get some sleep. Hopefully when you wake up your eyes will be less strained, you're tummy will be more happy and it's the start of a new week so you can be all positive xx

Ahh who said that about MS/tumors to you? x

Hi there
    I've been getting a dry mouth and feeling queezy for two days now - I think both are classic symptoms of anxiety.

Pokerface's advice is so right and I think everyone presently logged on and feeling worried should try and take it. Hard I know but wise words!

Best thing to do right now would be to drink a glass of milk and try to get some sleep. Hopefully when you wake up your eyes will be less strained, you're tummy will be more happy and it's the start of a new week so you can be all positive xx xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information