Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I have... (possitive posts only please)

Today I have... (possitive posts only please)

Hiya all....

Thought it might be a nice idea for everyone to start posting about the 'nice' or more 'possitive' things they have done each day.

Wether that's just going for a walk, not worring for a while, not checking their blood pressure, managing to ignore annoying feelings and symptoms, doing something nice for someone else or having something nice done for you that MADE YOU FEEL GOOD.......

.......Infact anything and everything goes as long as it is something that made you feel PROUD of yourself or GOOD, even if only for a minute or two.

Me... well today has been a bit of a whirlwind experience and despite feeling naff I carved a load of pumpkins and decorated the front of the house for Halloween. MY HOUSE STINKS OF YEUCHY PUMPKIN PULP but the looks on all the little kids faces as they took their sweets and admired our carvings and decorations made me feel really proud and happy that my little effort had made their night just that little bit more special. I felt GOOD

I even drove to the local shop for some more sweets when we ran out and I've not driven for weeks... didn't even give it a second thought until I got back

I've not googled one 'symptom of' or thought 'I wonder if it's due to '........

I've not even disapeared to the bedroom for my 'leave me alone chill out time' as I forgot cos I've been busy.

I've also registered on the 'Live Life to the Full' course that someone else mentioned on here.... it's really good.

Don't take all that I've put for today as being any benchmark for comments as tomorrow I guess will not be as eventfull as today so don't expect too much from me but I am determined to have at least one possitive thing to report back on tomorrow and I hope you will all have too

....then the next day we can all have another... then another... then another ... and we will all help each other to see that there are nice bits in a day too x x x x

but PLEASE no 'negativity' in this thread even if it is hard not to at times

Re: Today I have... (possitive posts only please)

Today, despite recovering from a massive panic attack last night, Ive managed to visit my step-dad in the neighbouring village (agoraphobia take that!), and cook sunday lunch! I also didnt want to run off back home straight away, so we lounged on the sofa watching tv for a while.
    Today, Im also realising that its up to me how I feel, and not to sweat the small stuff, or get wound up with others bad manners! I kinda feel ....free.....
    Ive managed a wonderful long bubble bath with my beloved Lush products.....
    Im grateful for my wonderful friends...................
    Im grateful I have a warm bed tonight, and Ive got a new kitchen curtesy of a talented hubby.
    Thats me today x

You're right Dizz, its so easy for people to always post about the stressful stuff, so its good to read the positive side for a change.

Today I went with my family for a trip on the canal where I live. The narrowboat was decked out with halloween stuff and the children dressed up as witches etc. I didn't think I'd be able to get on that boat but I did and we had a great time..

Anna xx

Quote Originally Posted by paula lynne View Post
    Today, despite recovering from a massive panic attack last night, Ive managed to visit my step-dad in the neighbouring village (agoraphobia take that!), and cook sunday lunch! I also didnt want to run off back home straight away, so we lounged on the sofa watching tv for a while.
    Today, Im also realising that its up to me how I feel, and not to sweat the small stuff, or get wound up with others bad manners! I kinda feel ....free.....
    Ive managed a wonderful long bubble bath with my beloved Lush products.....
    Im grateful for my wonderful friends...................
    Im grateful I have a warm bed tonight, and Ive got a new kitchen curtesy of a talented hubby.
    Thats me today x
    Hiya Lynne

Sounds like you had a really nice time and good on you Can I borrow your hubby as my kitchens a right state

Loved the comment you made of 'agraphobia take that'... good on you for giving 'it' a slap in the face...... although it did make me giggle.

For some reason I suddenly imagined you as 'wonderwoman'. Don't know if your old enough to remember that tv programme but she used to spin round and change into her supertight wonderwoman clothes with matching headband and ZAP all the baddies. So everytime I see one of your posts thats what I'll be thinking now

Hope today has been as nice for you x x x x

Every little step we manage to take now will GROW into a bigger step next time and every huge hurdle we manage to climb over will turn into a lower one that we can skip over and ignore x x x x

Quote Originally Posted by Going home View Post
    You're right Dizz, its so easy for people to always post about the stressful stuff, so its good to read the positive side for a change.

Today I went with my family for a trip on the canal where I live. The narrowboat was decked out with halloween stuff and the children dressed up as witches etc. I didn't think I'd be able to get on that boat but I did and we had a great time..

Anna xx
    Hiya Anna

Well that beats haning out sweets at the front door. I'm jealous now Nothing better than seeing kids having fun to lift spirits eh.

Sounds like great fun and soooo glad you had a great time plus well done to you for going on the narrow boat. Hope they didn't make anyone walk the plank though ha ha

Have a nice rest of today and keep smiling

Every little step we manage to take now will GROW into a bigger step next time and every huge hurdle we manage to climb over will turn into a lower one that we can skip over and ignore x x x x

I had a good day yesterday. I only went to B&Q with a mate but because we were so busy choosing wallpaper i didnt think of anxiety, i felt normal.

God did i just write that....i dont do positive...my therapist will be pleased when i see him later

Hi Dizz...I got through today, and thats enough. Remember wonderwoman? I taught her the moves hun........! x

Nice one Baileys

You clearly didn't "only" go to B&Q..... you made a HUGE step forward if it made you feel good and 'normal'

... and yes you did just write that and YES you clearly DO 'DO POSSITIVE' cos I've just seen it with my own eyes and just incase you try and delete it I'm quoting you below ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by bailays
    "God did i just write that....i dont do positive...my therapist will be pleased when i see him later"
    (said at 19.15 on Monday 1 Nov 2010 and witnessed by all)
    ... and becasue you doubted yourself for one second you have to do two possitives next time x x x x

Today I drove my car down to ASDA and went shopping all on my own and did not panic .

Good for a agrophobic with anxiety/panic and my costalchondritis is bad also today

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    Nice one Baileys

You clearly didn't "only" go to B&Q..... you made a HUGE step forward if it made you feel good and 'normal'

... and yes you did just write that and YES you clearly DO 'DO POSSITIVE' cos I've just seen it with my own eyes and just incase you try and delete it I'm quoting you below ha ha

... and becasue you doubted yourself for one second you have to do two possitives next time x x x x

Thanks dizz.........this thread might do me good.....i mean that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information