Thread: You need to know this will ease the added pressure

You need to know this will ease the added pressure

HI Guys, sorry i havent had much time to spend discusing things but after sitting at work checking the site i see alot of you are at the stage i was a few years ago are unsure of what is actually happening to you before your attack and during. I found this picture on the web which i will give the url of in a moment.. What th epicture is is the "amygdala" which is in the centre of your brain and is what actually produces/releases all the chemicals into your brain, dont forget we have only been around for 2000 years and our minds have had to adapt and learn. Basically what has happened is that over time, you have subconsiciously taught your brain to basically over react to some sounds/sights/thoughts and if you see figure 2 you will see a rev counter, your amygdala should really be sitting in the middle most of the time and lets say you see your child open a draw and reach for a knife, your eyes tell your brain whats happening, your brain then tells your amygdala to release nessesary chemicals as you need to make a quick decision and react quickly with burst of speed the amygdala reacts by pumping chemicals into your brain thinking you actually need it, but when your actually sitting in a chair only thinking bad thougts this causes the jolts and sudden head spins strange feelings in your chest because yoru heart is pounding (only because your amygdala told it to) this all happens in a split second, now what i did and maybe your doign wrong is trying to fight this feeling your getting AFTER the release of chemicals. Will im afraid your not going to fight it, its a human response we have learnt to do that over thousands of years and is perfectly normal. What you need to realise is over the years/months of stress you have associated sounds or thoughts with this release of chemicals and yoru amygdala gets stuck in the red, you start releasing chemicals your heart beats faster, you start to sweat head pounding blood rushing faster eyes go funny and you think "whats happening to me im going to die"! BUT take it from me and 50,000 websites i have read dozens of doctors counselors physcotherapists other sufferers its not the anxiety you need to deal with, anxiety is a normal reaction to your bodily functions, you need to realise theres absolutely nothing worng with you, no chemical imbalance just like anything, your amygdala has been trained to do this because it thinks its the corrct way to do it,,, You have 2 consious states, one that makes you move your arms legs hands turn your head, the other makes you breathe, pumps your heart makes you dream sleep, digest food etc etc, your amygdala is run by the second consious state, learning to change the bad habits it has learnt to do could take 1 day or even a year, it depends on how soon you realise your not doing it to yourself and that its just a case of learnign to do it correctly, it has stopped my panic attacks knowing its not me going mad i will explain more later and if anyone wants to chat my msn is stu_art2002@REMOVEhotmail.com be positive http://www.liebermanparkinsonclinic....20amygdala.png

http://oldstock.facel-vega-ig.de/ima...ehzahl7500.jpg

Hi Stuio

Thanks for the information appreciate it.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

I had a chat with an NLP practitioner about this. He said theres nothing wrong with me, Im not broken, Ive practised something and got good at it. He said its like training a puppy.

One trick he did teach me was running commentry, its what the SAS use to make themselves familar with there surroundings. What u do is pay attention to the things surrounding you, such as;

look a red post box,
    a yellow bus,
    an old lady walking across the road
    a dog p****ing up a lampost.

Not only does this take your mind off anxious thoughts it retrains ur unconcious to form a new habit, when ur unconcious feels the new habit is better for you it will automatically select it. It takes 21 days I think to retrain it. Give it a go.

Mark.

Thanks for that, I would like to know more about this if possible.

hi i too found this fascinating.I know tht it is all true!And i listen to paul mkenna tapes too,but his npl seminar is 1400 pounds!!Is ther anothe way we can re train our minds and stop this awful cycle of fear??or do you know of a site that tells you how?thanks mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

It's not actually anything to do with NLP, its to do with Zen and making your mind in tune with the here and now. Its a trick practised by the SAS when they landed in jungles etc.

I'll have a search for you.

Mark.

This is correct.
    It all boils down to the messages you are giving yourself at any one time and teh way you retrain your brain is to stop or firstly decrease all the extreme scary negative messages that yoru amygala is responding to .

The SAS use the running commentary tecahnique to ground themselves in to the here and now and 'I am' here and I can see yellow box and I am ok , not 'what if' or 'it might'

It is all to do with your internal talk to yourself and the images you show yourself and how you have taught yourself to respond to these .

CBT teaches you to retrain how you send out and respond to these messages

Thoughts
    Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    Its happening again !
    Things to consider for success!
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Thoughts
    image projection in my mind
    You all may find this interesting......

Think scared = be scared with associated feelings

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Thread Information