Thread: Im starting with Citalopram

Unhappy Im starting with Citalopram

Hi everyone,

Im new in this forum. And new to panick attacks, I did not know as well that I suffered from anxiaty, but yes I believe that Im always in a hurry even if I do not have to, I canot wait for people and even sometimes Im not good with myself. Im studying a PhD here in UK (Im from Mexico) and a month ago I had my first panic attack. I did not know that it was a panick attack so we call NHS I was very frightened. It was 5am I awoke and I could not get back to sleep, sudenly I started to feel that I could not breath, I felt that I was dying. Then the last week I had other two panick attacks and I have been very bad since then. I have cried, I have nauseas, Im all the time thinking in my breathing, I have been very down and I just do not want to do anything. The GP sent me Citalopram 20mg I started it today morning and Im very scared.

Hi samurayX

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Im starting with Citalopram

hello, i was on those tablets for 6 months, i felt really ill before i took them but only for a month so off to the doctors i went. they checked my blood (cbc) and all was fine apperently. i still worry to this day. the tablets made me really ill for the first 2 weeks, dizzy, hot, cold, sick, the runs, feeling i was taking off, ie going cold turky but the other way round, if that makes sense. im now off them and my hole body is acheing keep thinking my galnds are swelling but there not big i can just feel them because im so skinny. which the nurse said is normal for a lad my wieght. im getting hot flushes and my legs sweat in bed or my lower back not ringing wet but just a bit sticky. im getting really really bad headaches and neck ache, im sure there is something wrong with me but time will tell. im 23 years old with a little boy and feel really angry most of the time because of these tablets. please read the side effects they are sever in most people on them. i will never go on them again even if i am too bad ill just get on with it. hope you well mate and all who goes through this feeling xx scott

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

HI Samuray welcome to the forum, I too have just started taking Citalopram (3days). Its supposed to be quite a good medication, so hopefully we will both start to feel better soon.

Unhappy Re: Im starting with Citalopram

Thanks to all of you, I really do appreciat it. And well Im doubting into take my todays Citalopram because yesterday when I started to cry my hands and head started to feel like on fire I have never felt that before so I got more scared

hang in there my friend it does get better and better as time flys by and you will be the same person you was before you fell ill xxx all the best

hi samuray im on day 9 and i have been feeling really bad since day one i can feel myself getin their day by day and im hopeing in a few more weeks il be bk to myself im also new to this as iv only had it for 2 months and iv never tried anything for it but iv read all about it on hear and i no hat i will be looking back on these days in a months time and feeling so glad that i stuck with it, im sure the side effects will go and you can start getin bk on track with life x

Welcome Samuray, this is a lovely place, full of wonderful support. I am on day 7 of Citalopram, its been a tough first week, but my pharmacist said the first week is the worst, so I am holding her to that! lol Keep us posted. x

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Thread Information